Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:43 AM.
Flushing NY
652 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Adults only is my dream. This line will above my pay grade. All those who book, have a great time. Look forward to the reviews.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Spirit 03/03/2002
Conquest 05/04/2003
Legend 03/12/2004
Conquest 04/18/2004
Valor 03/12/2006
Legend 03/16/2007
Legend 03/15/2009
Liberty 03/27/2010
Miracle 05/30/2011
Miracle 05/06/2012
Breeze 03/16/2013
Vista 11/16/2016
Pride 05/13/2018
Washington
274 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We paid our deposit, Definitely curious to try this. Usually cruise Cunard but we do love the Caribbean!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

141 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
We are IN. #1587 !!
For those looking for a more sedated 'adults only' cruise experience, try Viking. They don't allow passengers under 18. It has a nice quiet atmosphere. Beautiful ship but entertainment is lacking. To be fair, it's marketing is all about being Port intensive and not the ship board experience. To each his own!
I hope VV has a more exciting vibe with good entertainment options but NO 'gold by the inch' sales hype. We will see.
SW Florida
2,479 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by VitaminSea53
We are IN. #1587 !!
For those looking for a more sedated 'adults only' cruise experience, try Viking. They don't allow passengers under 18. It has a nice quiet atmosphere. Beautiful ship but entertainment is lacking. To be fair, it's marketing is all about being Port intensive and not the ship board experience. To each his own!
I hope VV has a more exciting vibe with good entertainment options but NO 'gold by the inch' sales hype. We will see.
I so agree with you. That”gold by the inch” is such a rip off. It will tarnish while you’re looking to buy it. We booked Viking Skly for next January and are looking forward to a different type of sailing. They are geared towards our generation of old baby boomers. I understand VV is more for millennials but what the heck, we booked that too anyway. #senseofadventure
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Booked: Horizon, Symphony OTS, Nieuw Statendam, Edge, Preziosa, Seven Seas Mariner, and (deposit on) Virgin Voyages

69 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by RMS Olympic
Number of sign ups.....if the ship takes about 2800 pax, will the sign up list be limited to 1400?
I hope not - we signed up two days ago (on the 2nd) and received confirmation number 1413!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UK
1,529 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by Sea Urchin
I hope not - we signed up two days ago (on the 2nd) and received confirmation number 1413!

Don't worry, circumstances will guarantee some drop out or choose another sailing. You'll be on their first sailing if you want to be.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,524 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Very curious as to whether the crossing will be sold or whether VV will cross the pond empty and wait to sell her first Miami cruise as the maid n voyage. My guess is the crossing will be sold, but will it be from England or from Italy. Regardless, if it's a crossing count me in! Already started a piggy bank savings plan��
Puget Sound
8,915 Posts
Joined May 2010
We're in, too! Katie (Oville) -- very close to you! Now we just have to get the other who's onboard crew to join us!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,677 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Hi folks....Katie and Suzanne

So, what is this Virgin Voyages all about? All adult? Sailing to the Caribbean?.....and what does Sir Branson and his team plan to do to make it all special?
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7,492 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by funship freddy
Booked on Seaside (X2), Edge and now 1771 for VV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m booked on Seaside and Edge too. Looks like someone else loves new ship designs.
SW Florida
2,479 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by funship freddy
Booked on Seaside (X2), Edge and now 1771 for VV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Same here, we love new ships! Booked on Seaside and Symphony US inaugurals, Edge in April 2019 and #1097 on VV.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Booked: Horizon, Symphony OTS, Nieuw Statendam, Edge, Preziosa, Seven Seas Mariner, and (deposit on) Virgin Voyages

Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,524 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Last thing I read from Branson is that they may become child friendly in the future. That could mean after additional ships come on line. Child friendly to me means allowed but not designed for.
As noted in comments above, new ship interest has the Edge being booked as well as VV. Could not agree more, but no edge for me, I booked Sagas new Spirit of Discovery. This means I will be xperience a new ship with (Saga) a totally old fashion cruise ship experience to VV at the other extreme...state of the art non traditional. Diversity baby ������
Sarasota, FL
163 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Put our $500 deposit down the other day...Very excited, hoping for Maiden Voyage like most I assume. We are also on Edge inaugural and Celebrity Flora inaugural!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gary
10 Future Cruises booked:
Aug 2018-Seabourn Encore- Mediterranean
Nov2018-Silversea Muse Singapore-Vietnam-HKG
Dec 9 2018- Celebrity Edge - Maiden Voyace Western Caribbean
Jan 2019- Regent Seven Seas Voyager- Cent. Amer
March 2019- Celebrity Solstice - NZ/South Pacific
June 2019- Celebrity Reflection- Ireland/Iceland
Oct 2019- Crystal Esprit Yacht- Cyprus/Israel/Egypt/Jordan
Dec 2019- Crystal Symphony- CR/Nicar/El Salv/Mex/San Diego
Feb 2020- Celebrity Solstice-Sydney to New Zealand
Sep 2020- Azamara Journey- Black Sea Voyage
Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,524 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Last night I watched a video clip about the funnel design process. The idea that so much attention is being given to the design I think is wonderful. There was a time that ships signature statement was their stack, look at the Italian ships like the SS Michelangelo.
If Virgin is making the effort to design beauty into something mechanical, something that doesn't generate income....wow. Makes me wonder what the interior will look like.
I admit I am hoping for a wide open uncluttered pool deck, an atrium befitting a boutique hotel....maybe 2 decks high, and no repeat no shopping mall size avenues ala Royal Caribbean. One last wish, alfresco dining, especially for breakfast. Breakfast out on deck....heaven just like on Windstar and the Paul Gauguin������
USA
4,420 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Why not?
Originally posted by RMS Olympic
Last night I watched a video clip about the funnel design process. The idea that so much attention is being given to the design I think is wonderful. There was a time that ships signature statement was their stack, look at the Italian ships like the SS Michelangelo.
If Virgin is making the effort to design beauty into something mechanical, something that doesn't generate income....wow. Makes me wonder what the interior will look like.
I admit I am hoping for a wide open uncluttered pool deck, an atrium befitting a boutique hotel....maybe 2 decks high, and no repeat no shopping mall size avenues ala Royal Caribbean. One last wish, alfresco dining, especially for breakfast. Breakfast out on deck....heaven just like on Windstar and the Paul Gauguin������