Allure - Owners or Crown Loft?

Noreen411

Hi

We will be sailing on Allure if the Seas.

I am torn between an Owners Suite or Crown Loft Suite.

Which would you choose and why? Pros and Cons of either one?

I booked the Owner’s Suite but am debating switching.

I know both are great choices.

Thank you

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always go with the Owner's Suite. Pros: Just so much more room and a huge balcony. Cons: You're not in the suite section of the ship.

Another factor to consider is if you need the extra privacy of the two floors. But I have to say the balcony really sells it for us. 243 sq/ft of balcony is great for enjoying your breakfast, entertaining friends or laying out and getting some sun. We just find the Owner's suite roomier.

OS: 556sq/ft / 243 sq/ft balcony vs Crown Loft: 545 sq/ft / 114 sq/ft balcony.

But you're correct - both are great and you'll love either suite.

We always go with the Owner's Suite. Pros: Just so much more room and a huge balcony. Cons: You're not in the suite section of the ship.

Another factor to consider is if you need the extra privacy of the two floors. But I have to say the balcony really sells it for us. 243 sq/ft of balcony is great for enjoying your breakfast, entertaining friends or laying out and getting some sun. We just find the Owner's suite roomier.

OS: 556sq/ft / 243 sq/ft balcony vs Crown Loft: 545 sq/ft / 114 sq/ft balcony.

But you're correct - both are great and you'll love either suite.

Thank you for the great comparison

The loft seems unique but it sounds like owners has more things we appreciate in a cabin

I have only been in Loft Suites of various sizes on Oasis class ships, but was in an Owners on Freedom. Both are great, but I prefer the Lofts. 17 is so quiet, close to SL and CK, two bathrooms is great even with two people and while it sounds like a nothing, the wider hallways are nice as well. Good news is there is no bad choice. Enjoy!

We have stayed in the CLS twice and while it is very nice to be on the very quiet 17th floor and close to the the lounge and Canyon Kitchen, we will probably go w the Owners Suite next time. We like the larger balcony and no stairs plus only 3 of the CLS have a bathtub. Also- agree w previous post concerning the stairs. May be hard for some to carry their suitcases up and down the stairs. But, they are both very nice!

We have never stayed in either of these but we did have family stay in them last year on Harmony. One thing I did not like with the crown loft was the stairs. If you have any sort of mobility issues I would avoid the loft.

The balcony on the owners suite was very nice.

Hi

We don’t have mobility issues, but I can see how stairs can be a problem.

We both overpack and my poor husband would be lugging all those suitcases up and down. Bad enough he has to do that at home.

Seems like another vote for owners suite

Thank you

We have stayed in the CLS twice and while it is very nice to be on the very quiet 17th floor and close to the the lounge and Canyon Kitchen, we will probably go w the Owners Suite next time. We like the larger balcony and no stairs plus only 3 of the CLS have a bathtub. Also- agree w previous post concerning the stairs. May be hard for some to carry their suitcases up and down the stairs. But, they are both very nice!

I was thinking that location up in the back would be very out of the way. I guess it’s easy to Coastal Kitchen.

I like being located more midship usually.

Thank you

I have only been in Loft Suites of various sizes on Oasis class ships, but was in an Owners on Freedom. Both are great, but I prefer the Lofts. 17 is so quiet, close to SL and CK, two bathrooms is great even with two people and while it sounds like a nothing, the wider hallways are nice as well. Good news is there is no bad choice. Enjoy!

Location is a factor but I think midship could be preferable for me

Thank you

Never done an Owners Suite, but a Crown Loft twice. We love them. I like the quiet of the private floor. But especially the convenience of the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. And to be honest, it's remarkably close to the Windjammer, Sports Deck, etc. But for me, the ability to walk to the Suite Lounge early a.m. and read my book with the espresso machine, pastries, and beautiful views is fantastic. Additionally while my wife is getting ready, I can run down to the Suite Lounge and grab a drink and either bring it back to the room or wait there for her. True I could do all this in an Owners Suite too, but the convenience is just nice.

I will also say that both times we stayed in the CL, the Owners Suite was quite a bit more expensive. So for me, that does factor in.

Nice dilemma though.

Never done an Owners Suite, but a Crown Loft twice. We love them. I like the quiet of the private floor. But especially the convenience of the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. And to be honest, it's remarkably close to the Windjammer, Sports Deck, etc. But for me, the ability to walk to the Suite Lounge early a.m. and read my book with the espresso machine, pastries, and beautiful views is fantastic. Additionally while my wife is getting ready, I can run down to the Suite Lounge and grab a drink and either bring it back to the room or wait there for her. True I could do all this in an Owners Suite too, but the convenience is just nice.

I will also say that both times we stayed in the CL, the Owners Suite was quite a bit more expensive. So for me, that does factor in.

Nice dilemma though.

Hi

Good points.

We usually spend the start of the day at the gym. Not sure where it’s located on Allure yet but on Some of the ships we’ve been on it’s in the front.

I don’t think we’ve taken full advantage of the concierge lounge on prior trips. We would stop in before dinner once in a while. But maybe it’s due to where it was. Last few cruises were on Anthem and it was all the way aft on the 12th deck. Kind of out of the way. Then we had to go to the mid aft to take the stairs up to 14 for Coastal Kitchen. Sounds like the setup is very different on Allure.

We would save a decent amount of money to switch to the crown loft as you are correct that the Owner’s suite is more expensive.

Quite the dilemma. Not that I am complaining, it’s a good dilemma.

Thank you.

We’ve done both on the Allure. Loved the OS more personally. The CL was cool but we enjoyed the larger balcony of the OS along with more balcony room and furniture. The stairs make packing just odd. We use one toiletry bag and have to think and decide who gets which bathroom and your toothbrush always ends up in the wrong bathroom. You get MDR room service if you would like and have an actual dining table and chairs in the OS. The CL has a short pull out table instead, seems more like children’s furniture.

We’ve done both on the Allure. Loved the OS more personally. The CL was cool but we enjoyed the larger balcony of the OS along with more balcony room and furniture. The stairs make packing just odd. We use one toiletry bag and have to think and decide who gets which bathroom and your toothbrush always ends up in the wrong bathroom. You get MDR room service if you would like and have an actual dining table and chairs in the OS. The CL has a short pull out table instead, seems more like children’s furniture.

I was thinking the same thing. Unpacking would be odd.

We were recently in a grand suite on Anthem and found it very choppy with closets in both bedroom and living room. It was all on the same floor though.

Still sounds like most votes are to keep the owners suite.

I appreciate everyone taking time to post their thoughts

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

We had the same dilemma today. Opted for Crown Loft suite due to private floor, easy access to CK and SL and uniqueness of having two stories and two bathrooms. Also a little less expensive. Should be a great birthday cruise.

FYI: The Owner's Suite has a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, double sinks and a shower. No need to worry which OS has a tub as they all do.

Do you know how to figure out which of the crown loft suites do? It seems to have it in the description for all of them. Thanks!

I have never sailed in an Owner's Suite but I have sailed in a Crown Loft. I loved the Crown Loft, but I can definitely see the "allure" of an owner's suite. I would love having the extra balcony space.

The loft suites are convenient to the Coastal Kitchen and suite lounge as well as the Windjammer and pool deck. You can sit in the suite lounge and look right down on the pool (can't remember which pool it is though). The wide hallways and quietness are also very nice up on 17.

I would probably go for the owner's suite myself if it were me, but that's because I've already experienced the other. I love the larger balconies; gives you more room to move and to entertain if you choose. My next trip is in an aqua theater suite so it will be interesting to see how well I like it compared to the loft.

Happy sailing . . . whichever you decide to choose!

Do you know how to figure out which of the crown loft suites do? It seems to have it in the description for all of them. Thanks!

Have sailed in L1 and L2 Crown Lofts on the Oasis and Allure 24 times. No tubs in the upstairs bathroom. Harmony has the tub and shower combo instead of the large shower upstairs.

Hi

We will be sailing on Allure if the Seas.

I am torn between an Owners Suite or Crown Loft Suite.

Which would you choose and why? Pros and Cons of either one?

I booked the Owner’s Suite but am debating switching.

I know both are great choices.

Thank you

Noreen

Almost all of our cruises (14) have been in a GS (last 4 cruises have been on Allure). Our last Allure cruise the upgrade fairy put us in the OS. Super excited we got the bump up to the OS. We always wanted to try the OS but always thought the price was steep.

We have never sailed in the CL but wanted to give you our opinion on the OS.

PROS

1) location is awesome

2) cabin size is very big (especially for 2)

3) balcony is very large with nice furniture.

4) we thought the layout was great too.

CONS (just our opinions but might be important to you)

1) shower was tiny in the OS (well we thought so). We could not believe how big the cabin was and how small the shower was. My wife really didn't like it.

just our opinion. we would take the GS over the OS every time strictly because of the tub/shower combo in the GS. We would not take another upgrade to the OS. We would take an upgrade to any of the CL to try them out.

Have a great cruise. (again just our opinion but we wanted to put it out for you to read. if you can deal with a smaller shower you will love the OS). it is a great cabin.