Upgrading Beverage Package

Woodstove

Sailing on the Silhoutte in April. We have the Classic Beverage Package and want to upgrade to the Premium. wondering if we should do it before the cruise or wait until we board - is the cost the same? I've heard that sometimes they offer a discount on board - anyone experience that?

Thanks

I've heard of discounts on board too, but never experienced one. I've recently read you have to ask for a discount. I do that with the specialty restaurants and it usually works. Never tried it with a bevy package. I certainly will next month though when I'm on the Solstice! I prefer to upgrade on board since the guy that sell you the upgrade gets the tip on it. I like to hang at the world class bar so I do it there that way the bartender knows me and it does sometimes help with service I get (which can be painfully slow at the World Class Bar).

On our ten Celebrity cruises we have yet to see an upgrade discount while on board.

If we are going to upgrade, we usually wait until the first night and do so at the Ensemble Lounger (our favorite before dinner hangout) we have found that the bartender with whom we upgrade remembers us with "special" service throughout the cruise.

I've heard of discounts on board too, but never experienced one. I've recently read you have to ask for a discount. I do that with the specialty restaurants and it usually works. Never tried it with a bevy package. I certainly will next month though when I'm on the Solstice! I prefer to upgrade on board since the guy that sell you the upgrade gets the tip on it. I like to hang at the world class bar so I do it there that way the bartender knows me and it does sometimes help with service I get (which can be painfully slow at the World Class Bar).
Interested to hear how you make out. We'll be on the Silhouette in Nov. and will potentially want to upgrade 3 classics and 2 non-alcoholic classics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Also saw posts about asking for discount the first day and receiving 35% off to upgrade. We may have seen the same post! Certainly doesn't hurt to try. On our last cruise (Infinity), we just got used to paying the extra couple bucks in the Martini Bar. But...if a discount can be scored, I certainly would not have any problem enjoying the upgraded wine selection! ;p

On our ten Celebrity cruises we have yet to see an upgrade discount while on board.

If we are going to upgrade, we usually wait until the first night and do so at the Ensemble Lounger (our favorite before dinner hangout) we have found that the bartender with whom we upgrade remembers us with "special" service throughout the cruise.

Same here. It isn’t that we want them to do anything that would jeopardize their job or serve us ahead of others but they do seem to become more accommodating.

Drink up 🍹🍷🥂🍾🍸🍻

This will be our first Celebrity cruise and have a classic drink package. What can we order with this package? Or should I say what can we not order foc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question is - can you get cans of pop/soda? The website now clearly states that they are included with the classic package. In the past it stated they were not included. Reports on board vary. Any updates to this?

This will be our first Celebrity cruise and have a classic drink package. What can we order with this package? Or should I say what can we not order foc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it's good for any beverage up to $9 (water, soda, juice, coffees, beer, wine, cocktails) anything over $9 you pay the difference. You cant use it for room service, anything in your minibar or those self serve wine devices in Cellar Masters (if they are still using them).

it's good for any beverage up to $9 (water, soda, juice, coffees, beer, wine, cocktails) anything over $9 you pay the difference. You cant use it for room service, anything in your minibar or those self serve wine devices in Cellar Masters (if they are still using them).

you can't get the Vitamin Water which I love and is the main reason I upgrade.

We are also new to drink packages; my husband and I both got the Classic Drink Package for our Summit sailing in June.

I reviewed the information about what's included, but we still have questions about speciality drinks such as pina coladas--do this generally fall under the $9 limit? Are there any pitfalls to know about--e.g., things that seem like the would be included in the Classic package but aren't?

I'm not a huge drinker, so I am sure I could make do with daily Malibu Bay Breezes. :D

We are also new to drink packages; my husband and I both got the Classic Drink Package for our Summit sailing in June.

I reviewed the information about what's included, but we still have questions about speciality drinks such as pina coladas--do this generally fall under the $9 limit? Are there any pitfalls to know about--e.g., things that seem like the would be included in the Classic package but aren't?

I'm not a huge drinker, so I am sure I could make do with daily Malibu Bay Breezes. :D

This is exactly why you don't want to upgrade in advance...just upgrade on the cruise if you find the drink you like is over the classic limit...and that you'll save financially by more than $10 (plus tip) a day otherwise, just pay the difference in price and save a few $'s.

Most standard mixed drinks fall in the classic package as long as you don't specify a higher priced liquor. Yes, Pina coladas are on the classic package.

Thanks for the quick, ghstudio! We don't plan to upgrade--with pina coladas included (my husband will be happy about that!) we can definitely find plenty that will work for us within the Classic selection. :)

Any updates on cans of soda with the classic package?

It's a case of "who do you believe". The web site now clearly says canned sodas are included. Experience on the ships is that canned sodas are only available if you have the premium package.

The best answer is: Maybe...probably depends on your cruise and the bartender/waiter you ask.

It's a case of "who do you believe". The web site now clearly says canned sodas are included. Experience on the ships is that canned sodas are only available if you have the premium package.

Your guess is as good as mine....

Ahhh, just like the smoothies. I guess I will wait until I'm on board and figure things out from there.