Cruise Disaster

kerryincork

Hello everyone. I thought I would give you a different cruise report.

I am currently in Cork Ireland, which due to a snow storm all flights have been cancelled. Until Saturday at the earliest. My MSC Seaside cruise leaves this Saturday. This is a B2B cruise. My travel companion doesn't live in Ireland so will have no problem reaching the cruise. (though she is 68, so am worried about her travelling by herself)

My flight should have left at 8pm last night.

I am currently standing in the airport queue to see if I will be able to change my flights.

I have accepted that I won't make it for the cruise on Saturday. At least my companion will be on board. Due to the weather my travel agent is closed. So I will try calling MSC on Saturday on how I will board the ship.

As it is a back 2 back I am thinking I will probably have to board next Saturday. Has anything similar happened to any of you? Where weather caused you to miss first leg of the trip?

On the positive side I will have some days to relax in Miami. I will also have a lighter case as I won't need as many clothes [emoji2]

Also the airline comped me for last nights hotel and I now have a voucher for food.

My biggest concern is my travel companion being by herself. She's never travelled so far without me.

I will continue to update you on this unusual situation.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

Sad to hear you will not make your flight, is there any chance your airline can get you to one of the ports the ship stops at ? assuming flights are getting away on Saturday.

Sad to hear you will not make your flight, is there any chance your airline can get you to one of the ports the ship stops at ? assuming flights are getting away on Saturday.

I didn't think about this, I can find out if they are flying to St. Thomas

I'm on a code share with Aer lingus and British Airways.

We were in a shop in st Thomas last week and overheard an American couple saying they were finally joining their Princess Cruise that day as their flight had been delayed! I think that was Wednesday!

Really hoping you make the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Next time you cruise think about arriving a few days early. This might alleviate a similar problem in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He did but we are having very unusual weather at the Moment in U.K. and Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Photo of Cork Airport. And from hotel room.

I was meant to fly out Wednesday but flight was cancelled. All flights cancelled until Sat morning, but these were full so they booked me for Sunday. The aer Lingus staff at the airport were brilliant, so helpful and kind. A very positive customer experience.

I am booked in to the Cork International Hotel. The staff here are lovely too. They can't get home either so they are all staying in the hotel too. It a very nice hotel I'll include a photo of my room.

I am hoping my TA will be open on Saturday, she'll be able to sort hotels in Miami and flights too hopefully.

I am going to look for a local spa for Saturday and get me some relaxing treatments. If I can't get it on the ship then I'll get one before I fly out. f37275849e5c6f2266b33b440c489a6f.jpg7291c32a022813cf8c0092410750a3d7.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Definitely try to meet the ship.

When I was in college my father booked an Alaskan cruise during the summer break. Long story short, due to multiple flight delays we missed the ship's departure. My best friend had been invited and was meeting us in Vancouver where the ship was departing from. Thankfully, after calling the cruise line they allowed him to board without a ticket (my father had them) and we met the ship at the first port in Juneau.

A stressful couple of days but we still had a great cruise and it made for a great story that we still laugh about 20 years later.

Hope it works out for you.

Hello everyone. I thought I would give you a different cruise report.

I am currently in Cork Ireland, which due to a snow storm all flights have been cancelled. Until Saturday at the earliest. My MSC Seaside cruise leaves this Saturday. This is a B2B cruise. My travel companion doesn't live in Ireland so will have no problem reaching the cruise. (though she is 68, so am worried about her travelling by herself)

My flight should have left at 8pm last night.

I am currently standing in the airport queue to see if I will be able to change my flights.

I have accepted that I won't make it for the cruise on Saturday. At least my companion will be on board. Due to the weather my travel agent is closed. So I will try calling MSC on Saturday on how I will board the ship.

As it is a back 2 back I am thinking I will probably have to board next Saturday. Has anything similar happened to any of you? Where weather caused you to miss first leg of the trip?

On the positive side I will have some days to relax in Miami. I will also have a lighter case as I won't need as many clothes [emoji2]

Also the airline comped me for last nights hotel and I now have a voucher for food.

My biggest concern is my travel companion being by herself. She's never travelled so far without me.

I will continue to update you on this unusual situation.

Oh no!

You may be able to board the ship at one of the other ports. Calling MSC is definitely the best option.

Oh no!

You may be able to board the ship at one of the other ports. Calling MSC is definitely the best option.

Yes I am going to see my travel agent on Saturday and see what she can do for me. I am really glad I have one now. Plus insurance [emoji38]

I'll report back about how I get on with them. I am going to head home tomorrow and then I should have a real computer. Though phones and tablets are useful. I find them more difficult to use when it is not a straightforward issue.

Oh no Kerry :(. You are a dear for worrying about your cruise mate- but she should be just fine.

If seaside is in Nassau on Sunday it will be extremely easy to fly from Miami to Nassau. It can’t be much more than 30 minutes puddle jumper. What time are you scheduled to arrive in Miami? If you want we (those of us states side) can try to help by looking up alternatives. I know I’m willing to help if you can think of anything.

Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photo of Cork Airport. And from hotel room.

I was meant to fly out Wednesday but flight was cancelled. All flights cancelled until Sat morning, but these were full so they booked me for Sunday. The aer Lingus staff at the airport were brilliant, so helpful and kind. A very positive customer experience.

I am booked in to the Cork International Hotel. The staff here are lovely too. They can't get home either so they are all staying in the hotel too. It a very nice hotel I'll include a photo of my room.

I am hoping my TA will be open on Saturday, she'll be able to sort hotels in Miami and flights too hopefully.

I am going to look for a local spa for Saturday and get me some relaxing treatments. If I can't get it on the ship then I'll get one before I fly out. f37275849e5c6f2266b33b440c489a6f.jpg7291c32a022813cf8c0092410750a3d7.jpg

OMG this little of snow and no flights till Saturday? Crazy :rolleyes:

Oh no Kerry :(. You are a dear for worrying about your cruise mate- but she should be just fine.

If seaside is in Nassau on Sunday it will be extremely easy to fly from Miami to Nassau. It can’t be much more than 30 minutes puddle jumper. What time are you scheduled to arrive in Miami? If you want we (those of us states side) can try to help by looking up alternatives. I know I’m willing to help if you can think of anything.

Best of luck to you

Thanks that's so kind to offer.

[emoji3] unfortunately my flight is not going to get in until 7pm Sunday night. It is because of the connecting flights. Cork is a regional airport so there aren't that many places it flies direct to.

I was speaking to people who were flying to Amsterdam, Paris and Malaga today and their flights weren't going to fly until Monday and Tuesday.

So I count myself lucky to get a Sunday flight

OMG this little of snow and no flights till Saturday? Crazy :rolleyes:
A lot of the trouble yesterday wasn't with Cork Airport but the airports they were flying to not accepting flights.

The main issue today is the airport staff not able to get to the airport.

Don't forget snow is very unusual for Cork. So people don't have snow tyres or snow chains for the cars.

Well drats, that means you are going to need hotel in Miami. I’m reasonably familiar with Miami, so don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m more than happy to help. Flights to the usvi are also very easy to come by if interested in catching up with the ship later in the week.