Seapass Cards Delaminating ?

TommyD3

Three days into a week long cruise onboard Silhouette and all of our seapass cards are delaminating and peeling up at the corners. Maybe Celebrity recently switched to a cheaper seapass card vendor? Are others seeing the same thing?

No problems with our recent cruise on Silhouette. Even the last 3 digits of our cabin number remained clear at the end of the cruise. Able to find my room late at night by matching up the numbers.

The only problem 2 in our group had on our recent Reflection cruise was the printing completely wore off after about 7 days.

It's usually sunscreen that causes the lettering to rub off. I notice it on cruises where I spend a lot of time out by the pool.

I had the printing smudge last summer in about 3 days on the Equinox. I didn't get the card wet or covered in sunscreen. It stayed in my wristlet unless it was opening a door or I was getting a drink. They refused to honor my card at more than one bar once my name had the slightest smudge and I had to stand in line at guest services for a good bit of time, and I was then told it was fine. I insisted on a new card much to their displeasure because I wasn't wasting any more of my vacation time. I was the only one in my party with this issue, and also the only one with a beverage package so I was thinking it had to be something with the bars or the machine they swipe it in at the bar?

It's usually sunscreen that causes the lettering to rub off. I notice it on cruises where I spend a lot of time out by the pool.
Or excessive sweeping at the various bars when you have the premium package.[emoji33]

I had to replace mine by day 3 of 9. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The only problem 2 in our group had on our recent Reflection cruise was the printing completely wore off after about 7 days.

This is a common problem from frequent swiping at bars, shopping venues, accessing your room door, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've bought lanyards to keep ours in on our cruise in a couple of weeks

Do you actually have to take your card out of the plastic lanyard to open the door to your room or can you just hold it on the locking mechanism? same at the bars to you have to hand over your card to get a drink even if you have a beverage package?

I was told you have special writing on your card that said 'Classic Beverage Package' or something.

I don't really want to have to get my card out of the lanyard every time I buy a drink or go back to our room- that would be a pain

Do you actually have to take your card out of the plastic lanyard to open the door to your room or can you just hold it on the locking mechanism? same at the bars to you have to hand over your card to get a drink even if you have a beverage package?

I was told you have special writing on your card that said 'Classic Beverage Package' or something.

I don't really want to have to get my card out of the lanyard every time I buy a drink or go back to our room- that would be a pain

Looks like you're in for a lot of pain! :rolleyes:

Hole punch your card and hook it onto the lanyard. You can hand the whole thing to the bartender. The plastic sleeves are a PITA because you do need to take your card out every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hole punch your card and hook it onto the lanyard. You can hand the whole thing to the bartender. The plastic sleeves are a PITA because you do need to take your card out every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ok thanks for that - damn that's going to be a pain.... I thought putting the card in the plastic sleeve attached to the lanyard would be good so the card couldn't break or fall off if the hole punch cracks - and it wouldn't fade or anything... I spent $2 NZ on the plastic sleeves too LOL

ok thanks for that - damn that's going to be a pain.... I thought putting the card in the plastic sleeve attached to the lanyard would be good so the card couldn't break or fall off if the hole punch cracks - and it wouldn't fade or anything... I spent $2 NZ on the plastic sleeves too LOL

Mine just goes in my pocket. If the lettering wears off I just stop by guest services and get a new card. I am sure on the upcoming 12 day cruise I will need at least 2 cards. Mine gets swiped a lot and with sunscreen on my fingers the lettering wears off quick. BTW your card will say CALL on the bottom which is code for classic beverage package.