Why does celebrity still have arcades?

Static events

If i recall correctly, they’re at the front of the ship, upper decks. In a teen/kids area. Not used much on our cruises at least, but probably has a niche on some cruises with more kids/teens. Most kids nowadays though take their game system with them.

If i recall correctly, they’re at the front of the ship, upper decks. In a teen/kids area. Not used much on our cruises at least, but probably has a niche on some cruises with more kids/teens. Most kids nowadays though take their game system with them.

I Am one of the kids who do not... LOL

So it would be a great diversion, for a few to be sure...

bon voyage

• Like 1

Have to say that my 12 year old son loves an old school arcade. Pinball, foosball, video games, etc. He enjoyed the arcade as a special treat on our last cruise with RCCL.

Edited by KatWoman92
spelling :/

I would hazard a guess that for most cruise lines if something doesn't provide a profit, they would get rid of it in favor of something that would. Since they haven't gotten rid of them, they must be getting used enough to satisfy TPTB.

We spent time playing games in the arcade on the Reflection. I’d prefer more pinball games to the shoot em up or car driving type games, but we had fun.

Like the putting green, pinball can be a challenge when the ship is rolling in a big swell!

It's too small for a restaurant, though they might could add another passenger cabin in lieu of the arcade.

I usually run across the arcade by accident while exploring the ship. There is usually a couple of kids in there which is sort of odd because we rarely see many kids on some Celebrity cruises. As I recall, most of the machines are like $1 or so per game (and they aren't generous).

It's there because they want your kids to bug you for $10 to use it and for you to fork it over so the kids quit bothering you. (Though they'll be back in 10 minutes).

Yeah, you can tell I'd rather see that room put to a different use.

Well, at least on X the Arcades are tucked so far away as to be virtually invisible (unless one is going to the teens/kids clubs. Realistically the only other use for them would be additional sq footage for the kids/teens facilities, which aren't exactly bursting at the seams on most sailings.

I'm sure they make enough $ annually to justify the cost of obtaining and maintaining equipment. Plus they do help keep the youg'uns occupied so, for the kid-haters out there (which I am not one of) they should be looked upon as a valuable amenity !!!!!!

It's too small for a restaurant, though they might could add another passenger cabin in lieu of the arcade.

hmm...a cabin in the middle of the kid/teen zone? No thanks, lol. Not sure why the existence of the arcade is such an annoyance to the OP. You already have a cabin of your own, so who cares if they add 1 more, it's too small a space to be turned into much of a usable space for anything else, and even if it was? It would likely be an additional or enlarged kid/teen space, so again- no real use to the OP.

Oh, and the arcades DO make money....I have some past account statements from cruises with my boys to prove it, LOL

Other than the initial investment, the arcade costs them nothing. Whatever they get from them is profit.I, too, wonder why the OP would be so upset with them.Sounds like the OP just wanted his ( hers) moment in the sun with this rant.