Complimentary Tote Bags in Suite

Beachlover1989

We used to get great tote bags in Concierge Class that had a zippered top. Do they still have those in the suites or are they the new ones that don't close? Just wondering if I should bring my old one in May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they are the same. Definitely not like the nice ones they use to have.

I believe they are the same. Definitely not like the nice ones they use to have.

I was confused by the reply. Are the ones given now the same as the zippered ones with the snap in pouch or like the open tote bags that were given as well? We received the heavier canvas zip bags with the snap in pouch on Reflection in December.

We had to ask on our February cruise on Silhouette in a RS. The tote bag is an umbrella type material. There is a zipper and a tote bag within the pouch with another zipper but it is attached. Right now it is sitting in the basement for a family gift tradition. I can post a picture tomorrow if you want.

We had to ask on our February cruise on Silhouette in a RS. The tote bag is an umbrella type material. There is a zipper and a tote bag within the pouch with another zipper but it is attached. Right now it is sitting in the basement for a family gift tradition. I can post a picture tomorrow if you want.

I just really want it to be able to zip close. I hate worrying if something will fall out when I put it down. So is that what you mean - that it has a top zipper?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The bag we got in February has a zipper top but it is no longer the nice canvas.

It is, as ChezMaryLou said, an umbrella fabric type material.

If all you are concerned about is the zipper then you'll be fine.

Personally, I'd bring my old canvas one. (As we are glad we did)

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I have a hefty supply of the old type and want to determine whether to bring a couple of those or just use the new one. The new grey rubber seapass card holders made me glad I saved the old blue "leather" ones, maybe the new tote bag will go the same route. Either way, not a deal breaker.

Just off a B2B last week, both legs in Suites and received the “new” tote bag which does not have a zipper & has a very obvious Celebrity written on it.

I tried to leave them on the ship but DH brought hem home.

• Like 1

The evolution of the Celebrity totes we have recieved over the passed 18 years form the top of the line quality to the "bottom of the barrel quality" left on our beds on the Silhouette this past January is just another example of LLP's cost cutting and hoping we won't notice.

• Like 1

The new grey rubber seapass card holders made me glad I saved the old blue "leather" ones, maybe the new tote bag will go the same route.

We dislike these sea pass holders as well. Do not understand why there is a sticky back on them. Like you, we will continue to use our old ones.

I just looked at the tote bag I received on the Silhouette in February, and it is the tote style that has no top zipper, but zips into itself for storage. Clever design with the enclosure flipping around and creating an outside large size pocket. I too prefer a top zipper for security and peace of mind, but appreciate the design anyway. Ironically, bag is placed in cupboard with all the others that never get used anyway, but I still like them for memory's sake.

Scanditaly

We dislike these sea pass holders as well. Do not understand why there is a sticky back on them. Like you, we will continue to use our old ones.

They are meant to stick onto a phone. The problem with them is that even if you remove the small magnet inside the flap (I never realized it was there until it demagnitized my card and it wouldn't open our door) the phone will demagnitize the card and you'll have sticky adhesive residue on the back of your phone. They would always tell you not to keep phone and seapass together, and then give you a card holder with a magnet in the flap!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Guest Services said they are removing them regularly as soon as guests return with demagnitized cards.:rolleyes::rolleyes: It wasn't a well thought out change. It certainly couldn't have been a cost cutting measure since the cost between the old pleather type and the new magnetic rubber ones have to be pennies different at most. I'll bring along the old case that zips and my old card cases. No biggie since I've left them in my suitcases anyway! I got one that sounds very much like the new ones in China. Cute, and lightweight but not very secure .

We have the grey cardholders and used them on our last two cruises (the most recent was a few weeks ago). Our seapass cards were never demagnetized. There is no magnet inside our cardholders, the flap is secured with a snap.

You are lucky to have received one. We were onboard the same cruise in Concierge (boarded right behind you). Cabin steward said they missed delivery of a pallet full. We saw the Concierge Class concierge give two to a passenger at his desk. When we asked later in the day he said we were "mistaken". We did receive one the following week and it was the exact same that he gave the passenger. Dont appreciate being lied to !!!

We have the grey cardholders and used them on our last two cruises (the most recent was a few weeks ago). Our seapass cards were never demagnetized. There is no magnet inside our cardholders, the flap is secured with a snap.

This must be a revision. In December on Reflection the flap closed with a small round magnet, no snaps. I think Guest Services got tire of issuing new seapass cards!

This must be a revision. In December on Reflection the flap closed with a small round magnet, no snaps. I think Guest Services got tire of issuing new seapass cards!

Interesting since we received these cardholders on the Reflection TA in October 2017.