Allure of the Seas - When do you get your seapass now

Hi, I have been on several RCL cruises, most recently Allure in 2016. I always check in early, around noon, and get my seapass at checkin. Then I board and the fun has started. I just noticed on my set sail pass that I printed, it says the seapass will be provided in a sealed envelope and attached to my cabin door. The problem is, you normally have to wait when you board early to get to your cabin due to house cleaning. Which I completely understand, but while I wait I want to be able to go grab a few drinks, which requires my seapass. I called RCL customer service, which is really lacking knowledge on many subjects, and I got two different answers. One rep told me, sorry you will not be able to make any purchases until you can get to your cabin. Another rep told me you can use your printed set sail pass to buy drinks until you get your seapass. What the heck is RCL doing? Breaking something that was working great?

Can someone who recently traveled on Allure tell me how this works? I can't imagine you get onboard and they will not allow you to start spending money.

I believe you use your printed sea pass paper but I dont sail until August so Im really not sure. Or, I could be getting this confused with another cruise line lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You set sail pass has a bar code on it that is linked with your seapass account. You use that to make any purchases until you can get to your cabin and get your seapass. I was on Allure 3 weeks ago so I am speaking from experience.;) The RCI rep that told you otherwise was wrong.

Thanks Ocean Boy. Nothing takes the place of actual experience. It just did not make sense to me that RCL had no way for people to spend money on board until they received their seapass in the stateroom.

Do you remember when the seapass was delivered to the stateroom? It seemed so convenient when they just gave it to you at check in.

Thanks Ocean Boy. Nothing takes the place of actual experience. It just did not make sense to me that RCL had no way for people to spend money on board until they received their seapass in the stateroom.

Do you remember when the seapass was delivered to the stateroom? It seemed so convenient when they just gave it to you at check in.

It is in your cabin (except for the one on your door) when they open doors at 1.

One seapass will be located outside of your cabin before the cabins are made available so you will be able to get it and get into your cabin as soon as the open up the passageways. Seapasses for all the other people staying in the cabin will be located inside the cabin. The one that is located outside the cabin is inside of a tamper proof envelope (think FedEx type package) so you don't have to worry about someone having use it for anything. You would be able to tell if it was messed with.

Daughter & I will be on the Allure for the first time, and was wondering if they thought this would speed up the check in process by not going back to get your Sea Pass Card during check in.

I think this is a bigger time saver that having people download their pictures ahead of time. It takes little time for the agents to take a picture but walking back and forth to get seapasses is a bit time consuming when done over and over again.

I think this is a bigger time saver that having people download their pictures ahead of time. It takes little time for the agents to take a picture but walking back and forth to get seapasses is a bit time consuming when done over and over again.

Yes, most definitely at check-in.

However, before 1 pm on Harmony we discovered at the bars we stopped at on Harmony that bar staff had to manually write down your cabin number and folio number/name. You also had to fill out the old school paper waivers at the sports desk prior to getting your card as you can no longer do waivers on line in advance.

It was quicker in one aspect but slower in a couple areas.

Yes, most definitely at check-in.

However, before 1 pm on Harmony we discovered at the bars we stopped at on Harmony that bar staff had to manually write down your cabin number and folio number/name. You also had to fill out the old school paper waivers at the sports desk prior to getting your card as you can no longer do waivers on line in advance.

It was quicker in one aspect but slower in a couple areas.

Very surprised to read that. I did my waivers on-line before sailing on Allure. And the bartenders just scanned the bar code on my setsail pass.

Oh, and by the way, it is snowing here today with about 8 inches expected. :rolleyes:

When we were on Allure in January, our cards were in the mailbox and cabin. I had the alcohol package and had no trouble using it at the Pub to get a bloody Mary while waiting for the cabin to open. The bartender did write down my info though because he couldn't actually see that I had the package. I didn't realize that until I went back to get a 2nd one.

He told me that it wouldn't be a problem, just that the system wasn't working correctly at the time. He said he would input the info later. I thought it was great customer service for him to take my word for it that I had the package, but I guess had I not had it, he had my info to bill my SeaPass.

I think it is a much faster checkin having the photo done before boarding and not having the agent go get the SeaPass cards. I like the new system. I think it also helps not having cruisers try to get into their cabin before they are ready.

Very surprised to read that. I did my waivers on-line before sailing on Allure. And the bartenders just scanned the bar code on my setsail pass.

Oh, and by the way, it is snowing here today with about 8 inches expected. :rolleyes:

We stopped at the pop up-bars on the pool deck, where they did not have the scanning technology. But it also happened at the Wipe Out Bar on deck 16 where they should have it.

Sorry about the snow.:eek:

Did online waivers in February

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, they weren't available to us for our sailing in March. I wish they were, as it would have been something we could have done before getting on the ship.

As I said before, RC is consistent at being inconsistent.

My family will be on Allure in June. Do you use the printed set sail pass to board the ship when they open the ship for boarding on the first day? On previous cruises, we would all get a seapass card and use that to board the ship.

My family will be on Allure in June. Do you use the printed set sail pass to board the ship when they open the ship for boarding on the first day? On previous cruises, we would all get a seapass card and use that to board the ship.

Yes.

Hi All,

Sounds wild to me?

Just a question if you have no Seapass and one is at your door cant anyone just take your Seapass and use it or get into your room or use your card before you arrive to pick it up?

Sounds crazy, have you seen the line at guest service. If you have no card in your room for some reason you will need to go there and get a new one, kind of a bummer at the start?

someone may know?

So if people want to look at your GS or RS room they just walk in your cabin before you arrive?

How does it work if you have no Key?

Just asking this will be our 3 time on Allure.

katiel53, you stated this:

I think it is a much faster checkin having the photo done before boarding and not having the agent go get the SeaPass cards. I like the new system. I think it also helps not having cruisers try to get into their cabin before they are ready.

How does the new system help keep cruisers from trying to get into their cabin before they are ready? If anything, people will be wanting to get to their cabin sooner to get their seapass.

Ocean Boy stated he was able to use his set sail pass and the barcode in order to get drinks before gaining access to his cabin. That is a fine alternative, however, some of you did not agree that was the process.

Overall, I thought the boarding process before was great. Walk on with your seapass ready to go.

Hi All,

Sounds wild to me?

Just a question if you have no Seapass and one is at your door cant anyone just take your Seapass and use it or get into your room or use your card before you arrive to pick it up?

Sounds crazy, have you seen the line at guest service. If you have no card in your room for some reason you will need to go there and get a new one, kind of a bummer at the start?

someone may know?

So if people want to look at your GS or RS room they just walk in your cabin before you arrive?

How does it work if you have no Key?

Just asking this will be our 3 time on Allure.

Read post number 8. I'm not typing it all out again.

Thanks for your feedback.

I called RCI CA line.

He even checked with his superviser.

He said no to this get your seapass card at your room.

He told me no changes same as always you get your card when you check in like it has been for years.

If you have verified info on something else it would be good to know.

Have fun.

Edited by Crusing Fun
Spelling error