Where's Sissy..Holly..Gayla..Pam..Baby..Miriam and others?

Missing you...know some of you have been on

a little in last few weeks..but some of you

haven't.

Miss seeing you here and talking. Want to know how your doing..how your family's are. Know some have some family memebers that aren't well.

Hope to see you all soon!

Hi, Belle!

Thanks for asking icon_smile.gif

Things have been hectic around here. My mom (who lives with us), got pneumonia and was hospitalized. She came home, but they gave her a medication that caused a bad reaction, and she ended up with a bad case of anemia and jaundice. Her blood count was really bad, and she got very weak. Another 4 days in the hospital, and they somewhat regulated her. She was still too weak to come home though, so she has been in a nursing home for rehab, for the last 2 weeks or so. She will probably have to be there for another 2 or 3.

Other than that, there are the usual trials and tribulations of my 16 yr old DD, who is trouble and a half, and my 17 yr old son, who has spent the last two weeks TRYING to make a decision about which college to attend this fall. Nothing like waiting till 3 days before the deadline! He FINALLY decided, and will be going to Ringling School of Art and Design, in Sarasota, FL. Getting all the financial aid info to the school in time, has been a pain! I have 2 graduations coming up the first week of June (DS#2 from HS, and youngest DS from Jr High), and have still yet to figure out if we're gonna have a party or not. I highly doubt it at this point. Then.... My oldest son, Zach, finishes school next week, and we have to pick him up on May 8th... He was oh so kind to call me last night, just a week before school is over, to tell me that he lost his backpack, along with a VERY expensive calculator and a couple textbooks (worth at least $50 each when sold back to the bookstore)... AARGH! Wanna hear more??? LOL!

I've been around, just not as much as usual. I'm hoping that things will slow down for me, about mid June???

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03

Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03

Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03

Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma

so what you are saying is that you have just been sitting around, watching the soaps, eating bon-bon's, huh?

34 down, 187 to go

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....hurry december!!!

kim

scandanavian cruise line 1987

cape canaviral - 1995

carnival jubilee - sept 2002

CARIVAL VALOR - DEC 26, 2004 (2ND VOYAGE FOR HER)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days to go!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Believe me Pam, with 6 girls - I hear ya! Thank God they're grown and gone of I'd be dead. It does get better - honest! icon_wink.gif

BTW - The Ringling School is walking distance from my sister-in-law's winter place.

Beth

Pam - The Ringling School of Art is right here in my hometown! Very good school! I'm sure he'll do well!

Beth - I didn't know you had "kin" in my town!

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

Gee Pam, you need to find something to do with your spare time! icon_biggrin.gif Good to hear from you.

Sounds like you all could have a Florida reunion. icon_smile.gif

Funny, Kim... REALLLLLLL Funny! icon_eek.gif

Beth... Do you ever get down there to visit? Maybe Belle has a good idea... We can coordinate our trips, and get together there with Lynn! And.. OMG!!! I didn't know you had 6 (!!!) girls! How old are they, and how did you survive their teen years???

Lynn... You can tell me where to stay while I'm there, where to eat (and where NOT to eat)... We really don't know much about the area at all, so any help would be appreciated. Please send me an email, as I do have some questions, if you don't mind (lunyma@aol.com) TIA!

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Grand Princess 11/16/03

Lynn, I have a bunch of Mennonite relatives that spend the winter in Sarasota. I tend to be on the more liberal side of things. icon_wink.gif We usually get down there at least once in the winter. It's normally in March when we visit DD over in Weston Fl.

Yup Pam 6. They're 29, 32, 34, 38, 40 & 43. I had to think about that for a minute. As for survival - it was either them or me. icon_biggrin.gif They turned out fine, some finer than others. icon_rolleyes.gif Now my grandkids, they're all perfect.

Beth

Lynn, I've never been to Sarasota (since everyone's talking about it).

Belle, I've been around. I've had silly things going on like trying to find out what's happening on the boards, like showing my house, like trying to help plan a party for my mom, like worrying about my dad who fell playing tennis a week ago and isn't getting better, like trying to work... I was so busy I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I weighed myself last night when I got back from dinner and even though it was at a different time from when I normally weigh, it was the same -- wonder if I lost since I weighed last NIGHT and I usually weigh in the morning.

I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere.

Pam, how's your mom doing now?

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=40%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>realltblue.JPG

smbanreali.gif

bb1.gif

</center>

Well, Miriam, you're just going to have to drive down here sometime!! icon_cool.gif

I have a SIL in Winder, GA. (And a BIL that I try not to admit to!)

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Pam, how's your mom doing now?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for asking, Mir... I'll pop ya an email, as soon as I remember???

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Grand Princess 11/16/03

-Lost my internet access at work and am working 12/7.

-Pam know what your going thru, same here with 18 year old DD & college. Didn't make all the dead lines for financial aid so am paying full shot, would have had to any way. We finally decided 3 days before dead line alsoicon_smile.gif

We also have a friend in the hospital with Luckimia. Twice the doctors have said he wouldn't last the night and called family and pastors. He is 47.

-Beth I have three girls and am one of five sisters! I feel for you.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>-Pam know what your going thru, same here with 18 year old DD & college. Didn't make all the dead lines for financial aid so am paying full shot, would have had to any way. We finally decided 3 days before dead line also

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get this! The school my son had decided NOT to go to, called last night. Yup... on a Sunday night, to tell us that he is being offered a minimum of $5000 in scholarship funds! Oh S***! I think I am gonna let the other school (the one he DID choose), know about this. Maybe we can get a bidding war going? I would really rather that he go to Sarasota (#1 choice), than Savannah (#2 choice), but money is tight here, so that could make a difference. I don't know how YOU did it, Melody, but there is no way I could pay full tuition at either...

Sorry to hear about your friend icon_frown.gif

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Grand Princess 11/16/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Get this! The school my son had decided NOT to go to, called last night. Yup... on a Sunday night, to tell us that he is being offered a minimum of $5000 in scholarship funds! Oh S***! I think I am gonna let the other school (the one he DID choose), know about this. Maybe we can get a bidding war going? I would really rather that he go to Sarasota (#1 choice), than Savannah (#2 choice), but money is tight here, so that could make a difference. I don't know how YOU did it, Melody, but there is no way I could pay full tuition at either...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd let them know for sure. If the $5000 puts the total tuition lower I'd have to consider changing schools.

As for the full tuition, I'm working 12 hours a day 7 days a week. I had started a colloge fund for each of my three girls at their birth, I put in $25 each every week, when I worked, for 18 years. Funny thing is by my having money in a savings fund for them is one of the reasons they can't have any aid now, go figureicon_frown.gif

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Funny thing is by my having money in a savings fund for them is one of the reasons they can't have any aid now, go figure <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well... we have no savings for college (lost it all in mutual fund crash), so we DO qualify for some grants and loans. Unfortunately, it's out of state (we're in IL), so the $$$ allowed are a lot less than we get for our oldest son, who goes to school IN state. Also... I am currently unable to work, as I am a full time caregiver to my elderly mom, who lives with us, so as it is, we are living day to day. I sent an email to school #2 (1st choice), and am awaiting a reply...

I think it's horrible that they penalize you for putting away money for your kid's education. It's a great thing that you did that, but the govt. should still give you some consideration...

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Grand Princess 11/16/03

I hear you on the Mutual fund crash. I lost almost all of it but, on advice I left it in. Lost it for the middle daughter, but know it has come back up so I have 2/3 left for my youngest.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

Archived