Holland America Veendam August 25 cruise from Montreal to Boston, Charlottetown tour

sluckman

Our cruise stops at charlottetown, PEI on August 28th. There are 2 private tours offered that receive 96% and 90% 'Excellent" ratings from Tripadvisor. One is the North Shore Tour with Take the Island Adventure Tours; the other is the "Rusty's Shore Excursion" with Rusty Rover Tours. They both visit sites in and around the prince Edwards Island National Park, as well as Green Gables Historic Site. They last 4 to 4 1/2 hours, and the charge is $70/hour for the van, which holds up to 6 people. We would prefer to take either of these rather than the ship's excursion, but the cost is high if it were only for my wife and I. Both companies have suggested that I post a message on the Cruise Critic bulletin board. Please let either the company or me know if you would be interested in sharing a van.

You might want to consider renting a car instead and doing your own tour. This is a good website to start with https://www.tourismpei.com/pei-coastal-drives, and there's lots of information on the net it you use google. Even the two tours you are considering probably can give you some good ideas on what to visit.

We've rented cars there, and they'll pick you up at the terminal and drop you off later in the day. Driving in PEI is easy, and a DIY tour enables you to do what YOU want to do and to go at your own speed. On a Canada/New England cruise a couple of years ago, we rented cars in Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown and Quebec City.

• 2 months later...
Our cruise stops at charlottetown, PEI on August 28th. There are 2 private tours offered that receive 96% and 90% 'Excellent" ratings from Tripadvisor. One is the North Shore Tour with Take the Island Adventure Tours; the other is the "Rusty's Shore Excursion" with Rusty Rover Tours. They both visit sites in and around the prince Edwards Island National Park, as well as Green Gables Historic Site. They last 4 to 4 1/2 hours, and the charge is $70/hour for the van, which holds up to 6 people. We would prefer to take either of these rather than the ship's excursion, but the cost is high if it were only for my wife and I. Both companies have suggested that I post a message on the Cruise Critic bulletin board. Please let either the company or me know if you would be interested in sharing a van.

I’m on the roll call. Let me know if you’re still looking to fill spots.