re meat pies

Don't know who the mods are but they do a great job and let most threads on this board run their natural(?) course.

Back on topic, our family had a usual 'party fare' for the State of Origin (Rugby League) match on Wednesday - party pies, sausage rolls, cocktail franks, chicken nuggets and meatballs. One addition to the menu this year was tempura prawns. Good Aussie tucker.

And it will get another run for Game 2 in 2 weeks time.

Might come to your place for game 2.

When the kids were young it was chocolate, chips, and coke with ice cream.

Then for a few years KFC had hot and spiced around that time, so that was normally game 2

That was a great thread. Spreading Australiana education to the world.

So who are these mods? Do we get a vote?

Actually, serious question, who are the mods of this board? Some boards in the forum do have mods listed, this one doesn’t as far as I can see.

When I first found CC they were advertis8ng for a Mod, nothing happened for Yonks then a while back they announced one, but never seen anything from them on any threads.

That was a great thread. Spreading Australiana education to the world.

So who are these mods? Do we get a vote?

Actually, serious question, who are the mods of this board? Some boards in the forum do have mods listed, this one doesn’t as far as I can see.

Host Walt is one name that appears occasionally and closes a thread down.

When I first found CC they were advertis8ng for a Mod, nothing happened for Yonks then a while back they announced one, but never seen anything from them on any threads.

You are getting confused, they were not after a moderator but an CC editor - Louise got the job, she is a very nice lady and I think she does a great job with her cruise reporting. She often posts on the boards to comment apart from the usual of posting articles.

You are getting confused, they were not after a moderator but an CC editor - Louise got the job, she is a very nice lady and I think she does a great job with her cruise reporting. She often posts on the boards to comment apart from the usual of posting articles.

Ahhhh OK I thought it was a mod. But as I said it was when I first joined I think

Don't know who the mods are but they do a great job and let most threads on this board run their natural(?) course.

Back on topic, our family had a usual 'party fare' for the State of Origin (Rugby League) match on Wednesday - party pies, sausage rolls, cocktail franks, chicken nuggets and meatballs. One addition to the menu this year was tempura prawns. Good Aussie tucker.

And it will get another run for Game 2 in 2 weeks time.

Agreed, that tucker sounds alright, may even be tempted to watch some of the game.

We should find out who the mods are and invite them around for a nice spread of Aussie delicacies.

Pies, pasties (party or otherwise), little boys, cheese and gherkin on toothpicks, fairy bread, etc.

Next Friday night to watch the beloved Eagles deal with the Buddy rabble.

We should find out who the mods are and invite them around for a nice spread of Aussie delicacies.

Pies, pasties (party or otherwise), little boys, cheese and gherkin on toothpicks, fairy bread, etc.

Next Friday night to watch the beloved Eagles deal with the Buddy rabble.

No gherkin, yuck, replace it with red and green pickle onions.

Fairy bread mmmmmmmm

Oh did you know that the bloke who invented fairy bread died?

There were hundreds and thousands at the funeral.;p:evilsmile::eek:

And that my friends is what you call a "Dad joke"!

Cheers

Dad jokes are the highest form of wit, so says this dad anyway.

Now the kids they say daaaaaaaad.

They also say that I’m not really a barrister but an embarrister, specially when I tell their friends jokes, or sing.

And they’re in their 30s now.

I tell those sort of jokes to my kids.

I said, i’m A real wit.

They responded, well half anyway.

I tell sonny that I won’t take him on in a battle of the wits as I don’t fight unarmed men.

• 3 weeks later...
Saw an article in today's online Heraldsun about Australia's Best Pie contest. For those who are interested in seeing if their favourite pie is a winner, this link will take your to the winner's list - http://www.australiasbestpie.com.au/news.html

Leigh

Cheers.

A comprehensive list but if Heather Braes Sutton forest won bronze for it's mince meat pie, i fear the competition wasn't that strong.

Cheers.

A comprehensive list but if Heather Braes Sutton forest won bronze for it's mince meat pie, i fear the competition wasn't that strong.

Mic, I guess it depends on who entered the competition.

Leigh

Saw an article in today's online Heraldsun about Australia's Best Pie contest. For those who are interested in seeing if their favourite pie is a winner, this link will take your to the winner's list - http://www.australiasbestpie.com.au/news.html

Leigh

My cousin won this a few times when he was baking at Lauriton.

(Well if it wasn’t this one it was one of the other pie of the year comps).