Blue Lagoon Excursion - Not Through Carnival

Salem615

The price difference is minimal, if anything at all. Also an issue you would have is that the non-cruise pickup is way over by Atlantis. So you will need to get transportation to the Blue Lagoon ferry location which will cost you even more.

It's not worth it. If you want to go to Blue Lagoon, you pretty much need to just go through your cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

We went last October (didn't see this on the cruise excursions) and booked privately. I lucked out before purchasing as I found a buy one get one free. We did the dolphin excursion. Myself, daughter and 2 grandchildren. They want to do the sea lion excursion when we go next March. Privately it was $104.00 (have to take water taxi over to Nassau from port $4.00 each. Then check in at Blue Lagoon building.It is across the main street so you will have a short walk from the water taxi past the buildings there and then across the street. With the cruise line, blue lagoon boat will pick you up right there, but the cost (at least on carnival) was $140. each. To get back to the port, their boat actually took us there after they stopped in Nassau.

We went last October (didn't see this on the cruise excursions) and booked privately. I lucked out before purchasing as I found a buy one get one free. We did the dolphin excursion. Myself, daughter and 2 grandchildren. They want to do the sea lion excursion when we go next March. Privately it was $104.00 (have to take water taxi over to Nassau from port $4.00 each. Then check in at Blue Lagoon building.It is across the main street so you will have a short walk from the water taxi past the buildings there and then across the street. With the cruise line, blue lagoon boat will pick you up right there, but the cost (at least on carnival) was $140. each. To get back to the port, their boat actually took us there after they stopped in Nassau.

Curious. Where do you think "Nassau" is?

You lucked out on the pricing with a special offer. Their pricing is posted clearly on their website and is actually higher than booking through the cruise and no need to take additional transportation to get to their dock. To book the Sea Lion excursion with beach day would run you $141.00 privately. Booking Stingray/Beach privately is $89 vs $54 through the cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

Very strange pricing on RCI for April 2019. Dolphins $178, Eco Tour $79, Stingray $57. No food, but Stingray price seems to be no-brainer. Had beach day with lunch booked for November but RCI chartered out the ship. Lots easier than getting to their pier on the other island.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this one on our own and it was a much better deal, but the price was the same, but only if your ship arrives early enough. We got off our ship first thing, made our way to the ferry landing and got on the first ferry over to the island. We were there all by ourselves, except for a couple of workers, for at least 2 hours. We had the pick of hammocks in the shade and had an awesome time all by ourselves. It was like our own private island. Then the cruise passengers arrived and all hell broke loose. Droves of people everywhere, all looking at us with our perfect beach setup and wondering how we scored such a great location.

Then, a couple of hours (like 2hrs) later, they all got back on the ferry and we watched them sail away. Again, we were the only ones left on the island accept the few workers. We took the last ferry back and it was just our family. The ferry driver said he would do us a favor and drop us off at the ship.

So, sometimes its not about the money, but about the experience you may have.