Where has all the Costa cruisers gone?

alicat58

It is very lonely on the Costa boards at the moment. I have been sneaking a peek at some old threads and there used to be so many Costa cruisers.

Has just about everybody jumped ship?

Alicat

I always take a look to whats happening, I have not been on a Costa ship since 2015 so have been curious to see what has been happening to what was at one time our go to cruise line. Changes are happening across most the mainstream companys and it looks like its no diferent with Costa. Hate what they have done with the Costa Club and when you look at what MSC have done with their loyalty scheme its just crazy!

We have 3 cruises in the pipe, 2 with MSC and a 3 nighter on Mediterranea with friends who have not cruised before. I am really looking forward to getting on a Costa ship again.

Have you seen Mediterranea's new hull font? I think it looks quite smart.

Hi

I have seen today. Looks like the Smerelda hull painting. We are on her in less than five weeks. I'll take some photos and post.

I have yet to drag hubby onto a ship that's not Costa. Nearly managed twice.

Just noticed my tenses have been a bit off in my previous post. Oh well, my excuse is it is a second language after all. [emoji16]

Alicat

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

WE have always been loyal Costa cruises, however even we are now thinking of changing lines.

One reason is the new Costa club rules, we have had two cruises with them each year, sometimes three, yet we don't get an up-grade unless we do one more yet guest who only do one this year two or three next get an up-grade.

51, 180 historic club points, 32008 points that count yet we can't even get a suite on our next cruise as they were allocated to up-grades.

Menu's are reduced to two choices if you do a three week cruise same choices every week (on the Diadema) which really became boring.

Although they certainly are great value, we now will be looking at MSC which offer so much more to us regular guests, and the food is better., with Genoa being their main port so much easier then getter to Savona.

Hi!

We started cruising with Costa and enjoyed it , especially their Squok / Kids program for our son. But about 5 years ago we travelled onboard of the MS Fortuna and service was awful, actually there was no service :confused::(.

Since then we prefer NCL, which we just love, and RCCL.

Now we will try Costa one more time due to a great offer. We will see...

And you are right - not even one answer at my roll call...

Hi!

We started cruising with Costa and enjoyed it , especially their Squok / Kids program for our son. But about 5 years ago we travelled onboard of the MS Fortuna and service was awful, actually there was no service :confused::(.

Since then we prefer NCL, which we just love, and RCCL.

Now we will try Costa one more time due to a great offer. We will see...

And you are right - not even one answer at my roll call...

What is the great offer, please?

Let's get this thread back on track, the OP was / is talking about this Costa forum and not about Costa and it's ships.

For me this forum has become stale and boring, the occassional new member asking the same questions (they cannot or are too lazy to use the search function. About 5 years ago there was a thriving community here, as Costa started going down hill so members took to pastures new and moved on to other cruise lines.

Costa itineraries have become very bland comparable to a bus company, gone are the days when Costa was the front runner in opening up new markets, i.e. Dubai, Indian Ocean, India, Singapore and Far East.

Costa has shown no loyalty to it's "old" customers, so why should their paying customers show any loyalty to them.

Also because of the last two paragraph's above, people have moved on.

I know where my cruising future lies and it is not Costa (fell in love with big X), so my future participation on this board will be curtailed, if not stopped altogether.

Ron

PS. Rianna, Celebrity cruise write up has been put on hold, put a gardening fork through my right hand, can only type with left han, this message has taken over an hour.

Costa itineraries have become very bland comparable to a bus company, gone are the days when Costa was the front runner in opening up new markets, i.e. Dubai, Indian Ocean, India, Singapore and Far East.

Costa has shown no loyalty to it's "old" customers, so why should their paying customers show any loyalty to them.

Also because of the last two paragraph's above, people have moved on.

Also you need to consider that with so many different social media platforms available people may be tending to use those instead. Cruise Critic seems much quieter all over.

I do recall feeling very disappointed when the Costa club changes were announced. Had we not had several cruises booked with X then possibly we might have been able to maintain our Pearl status, but now its so easy to drop back down. I can't imagine how some the more loyal members must have felt.

Just to rub salt in the wounds I noticed on the Costa App they still list your lifetime points. :confused: i have gone from 11,540 to 2,964 :(

Since people have moved on, I wonder how Costa fills their cabins

Well they seem to be filling them from somewhere, just not English speakers who like to use cruise forums. ;)

WE have always been loyal Costa cruises, however even we are now thinking of changing lines.

One reason is the new Costa club rules, we have had two cruises with them each year, sometimes three, yet we don't get an up-grade unless we do one more yet guest who only do one this year two or three next get an up-grade.

51, 180 historic club points, 32008 points that count yet we can't even get a suite on our next cruise as they were allocated to up-grades.

Menu's are reduced to two choices if you do a three week cruise same choices every week (on the Diadema) which really became boring.

Although they certainly are great value, we now will be looking at MSC which offer so much more to us regular guests, and the food is better., with Genoa being their main port so much easier then getter to Savona.

Yesterday I helped my friend to get ready for Diadema cruise. she is in SPA cabin and really MSC gives much more now . I booked SPA level on MSC and got free drinks,free massage ,and many more perks. On costa she got 0 same like CCL.:o

I am relatively new to Costa and love it because it is different. I like hearing and meeting all the different nationalities on board.

A very significant carrot to me of course is the solo supplement is not always double. I like to do the longer cruises.

I sailed MSC a few years ago as they also had a reduced solo supplement and when they too started charging double stopped sailing with them. Having said that they do at times have 2 for 1 prices so am booked with them again in Sept 2019.

I am not loyal to any cruise line. I have 4 cruises booked, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal, 1 Costa and 1 MSC.

Generally Cruise Critic is not as popular as it was a few years ago.

My goodness! I have managed to wake a few of you up.

I have only been on Cruise Critic for a few years now and to me it looks very active in general. I love looking at other cruiser's travels and photos. Where has everyone gone if they are not on Cruise Critic?

I disagree with Ron about the blandness. If you look at itineraries they are just about the same for all the lines in the various areas. I think the exceptions are the Far East cruises. Look at the Med, all the lines go to the same ports-East and West. Fjords, ditto. Baltics-ditto, Caribbean-the same places.

We've been on a Baltics cruise and it was great. It would not be one that I would repeat. I am not keen on the really cold weather ones so Alaska and even the Fjords I am not sure about.

It is a pity Costa does not do many new itineraries. Having said that we enjoyed our India and Singapore cruises immensely. Both American Coasts would be great.

Now , I would like to know how one manages to pierce your right hand with a garden fork. I think he is fibbing. MinL did it. Own up Ron, that's what has happened is it not.

Alicat(Riana

Just got my e tickets through this morning for our cruise on Diadema next month. Looking forwards to it but have done most of the ports several times before. Hubby will only fly short haul and hates multiple sea days so sailing from Southampton a no go. Trying another cruise line next year just to get some different ports as as much as I love Costa it is getting a but repetitive

Just got my e tickets through this morning for our cruise on Diadema next month. Looking forwards to it but have done most of the ports several times before. Hubby will only fly short haul and hates multiple sea days so sailing from Southampton a no go. Trying another cruise line next year just to get some different ports as as much as I love Costa it is getting a but repetitive
Why do you love Costa so much and how is it better than the others?

Give the winner a Cuppie Doll!!!

You lost me here. What is a Cuppie doll?

Alicat

I think this is a reference to a Kewpie doll, which is a way of referring to a common prize given for winning a game at a carnival. (It's an expression.) But I didn't write the post, so I am only guessing.

Hi Flag Fan

I looked the Kewpie doll expression up and found the same. I am still lost. Winner of what and why. TNCruzer56 has not told me as yet.

Maybe some day soon I will be out of the dark.

Alicat

Being as they quoted my post and in particular my comment about other social media platforms. It would appear highlighting the bleeding obvious wins prizes. [emoji6] Oh how we laughed. [emoji23] [emoji23]

In reality I'm non the wiser either.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

You lost me here. What is a Cuppie doll?

Alicat

I think this is a reference to a Kewpie doll, which is a way of referring to a common prize given for winning a game at a carnival. (It's an expression.) But I didn't write the post, so I am only guessing.

I was referring to the "Folks looking at other social media" FB has definitely put a dent into CC roll call threads.

I didn`t say that..........Geeeeeze doesn`t anybody read the whole thing ANYMORE before commenting.

Never said better just than!

FB appeals to a different brand of Folks!

Is it that many flock to FB cruise groups, because they can see who each person really is, including his profile photo and basic information?