Citi Card change of conditions

klfrodo

This is just an FYI

Check your CC

Just received notification from my Citi Card that beginning July 29 the following changes will go into effect

Rental Car - no longer covering “Loss of Use”

Trip Interruption and Trip Delay is now max at $1500 per incident or $5000 per year.

Just got the same information for my Citi Double Cash. This will certainly influence my future decisions to purchase or not purchase trip cancellation insurance. $3000 pp would likely cover us for a domestic trip, but $1500 pp just might not.

I have just filed a claim with Citi of $439 for a non-refundable deposit on a trip cancelled due to a medical diagnosis. I am curious to see how/if it will be processed.

I also got the bad news from my Citi Advantage Platinum Select MC. Coverage for trip interruption/cancellation reduced from $5000 per person per trip to $5000 per trip!!

Looks like they are all reducing benefits. Was thinking about the Chase Sapphire but now they will probably do the same so back to regular travel insurance for us.

As somebody said in another thread, the credit card companies must be experiencing a lot more claims - or a lot more expensive claims - than anticipated. My card has no fees, so I guess I cannot complain about the lowered limits,