Juneau Harv & Marv's Whale Watch - Mendenhall Glacier

1stTIMECRUZER

We are in Juneau from 11 am to 9 pm. We are booked for the Harv & Marv's whale watch from 12-3 pm. When we return, what's the best way to travel to Mendenhall Glacier to view the glacier, hike to the falls, etc. I've done some research. Just want to get some opinions. Thanks!

We are in Juneau from 11 am to 9 pm. We are booked for the Harv & Marv's whale watch from 12-3 pm. When we return, what's the best way to travel to Mendenhall Glacier to view the glacier, hike to the falls, etc. I've done some research. Just want to get some opinions. Thanks!

Following this thread! I've never been so am interested to hear if there is a better way... but our tentative plan is we have a reservation with evergreen taxi http://www.evergreentaxi.com to pick us up from H&M and take us to the Glacier center, then pick us up from there about 2 hours later to take us back downtown

Just left the whale watching tour with a stop at the bridge. It is quite a distance from the Glacier with a meadow in the foreground. Really just a nice photo op. The bus prior to us requested to skip it because they had hungry kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

cltcruzer, how much is your taxi for the round trip? Did they give you an idea? Thanks for help everyone. Much appreciated!

To get from Harv & Marv to Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, they estimated a $20 cab plus a $7/person Federal Forest Service fee. From the Visitor Center back to downtown, they gave me an estimate of $35