Uniworld Parisian Holiday over the Christmas / New Years Holiday

robertmartha

So I am currently in planning mode (recently off AMA Danube sailing over Christmas/New Years) for 2018 and this sailing caught my eye. There is a sailing that leaves on 12/20 and then one on 12/27. Thinking the first which sails over Christmas will impact the two days (possibly 3) in Paris (12/24 and 12/25 and 12/26) because of the holiday - closed shops, sites, etc..... whereas sailing over New Years may not impact the shops, sites as much on 12/31 and 1/1? Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed this itinerary over either of these Holidays and your experiences. Loved AMA and from the research I have been doing looks like Uniworld will be a comparable experience.

Thanks so much!

We did a similar river cruise several years ago, it didn’t include Paris but started in Lyon, ended in Marseille and began on December 27. While we had a great time, met many people on our ship, etc, not much was open in the port towns. Nada, zip, zilch. In one town a pottery shop decided to open for a few hours and everyone ran to it like bees to honey, needless to say they probably made a killing-money wise but if you want shopping and dining, this may not be the best time.

Like I said, it was a great trip but very quiet and we’d think long and hard about traveling thru France during this time of year. This is only my opinion. Enjoy your travels and planning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums