Island princess Oct.2018 cruise to Panama

Karen1122

Lower price listed I called and got $200.00 onboard credit each , hubby and me,also dinner reservations,booked this during one of their $2.00 bookings,there are a lot of empty cabins, so my question is why are there a lot of empty cabins first time with Princess 2 cruises with Carnival Thanks

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

So you were able to switch to the current promo even though you had originally booked under the $1 deposit promo? Without paying anything additional up front? Good work.

Why are there a lot of empty cabins? My guess is that because it is still nine months out fewer bookings have been made to this point than there are cabins on the ship. But don't worry Princess will be delivering you a full ship on the due date.

9 months out from a cruise is a long time. Cruises are rarely heavily sold at this point.

It is not easy for you to tell how many cabins are sold, as the GTY commitments have not been made. The agent at Princess might have told you there were a lots of cabins available, but that doesn't say how many are "committed" to GTYs. It just means a lot aren't assigned.

There can also be cabins held by a TA who will be selling them to their clients. So just looking at the deck plans for that cruise or asking the Princess advisor will not tell you how many cabins are sold. Worry not though because the ship most likely will either be sold out or close to it. It pays to watch the price though for sales and/or lower prices. Nice thing about Princess is that they allow you to cancel and rebook at the new rate anytime up until payment date. Just beware that some bookings will cause you to lose your deposit.

I would like to think there are a lot of empty cabins because word is finally getting around that the way Princess butchered this ship is unbearable for a good cruise experience. I was on the Island last February on a PC cruise. Lines for ATD, lines for the theater (often if you didn't get there 45-60 minutes in advance there were no more seats). Never again for me on the Island.