Victory Dry Dock plans?

LMaxwell

I have searched Cruise Critic, John Heald's page, various FB pages, etc. and come up with nothing except that the Victory heads to dry dock in a few weeks. Does anyone know what plans there are or if anything will be added/deleted, etc.?

They have the Seafood shack now and the rooms were all upgraded throughout 2017. I am hoping the add Guys and take a wrecking ball to the buffet, but don't know if thats planned or any of then plans at all.

Someone who is going on the Victory with us in February asked John Heald via his blog if a Guy's Burger Joint would be added during the dry dock and he replied "Yes, that and more...."

No idea why Carnival isn't publicizing what all is being done, typically cruise line publish "Before & After" deck plans well before dry docks that change the areas on-board.

I also have no clue why they haven't announced what is happening to Victory yet. Makes me worried that they scaled back the drydock.

I figured since Carnival chose to redo every cabin on the Victory, that they were planning on doing a large drydock to the rest of the ship. Still hoping that is the case.

The new food options if accurate are welcomed but the lido layout is poor and unless that is changed there could be more traffic. I did notice in October that they were cleaning space on upper deck behind funnel so I am thinking there will be a water feature. The small water feature outside of the kids area was closed so maybe a hot tub or extending serenity area

I hope they get most of the new venues, Guy's, BlueIguana Cantina, Steak House - they pushed these venues to the Fantasy class ships. Victory needs something.

There are no steakhouses on Fantasy and Triumph classes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just on Victory and a couple of bartenders mentioned the ship is getting Guy's, Blue Iguana Cantina, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and Red Frog Rum Bar...

I didn't ask about anything else, but the ship was in otherwise great shape, our cabin seemed very recently refurbed as well.

I was just on Victory and a couple of bartenders mentioned the ship is getting Guy's, Blue Iguana Cantina, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar and Red Frog Rum Bar...

I didn't ask about anything else, but the ship was in otherwise great shape, our cabin seemed very recently refurbed as well.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to these options!

Carnival used to have a site I referred to all the time for drydock details... https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3307/~/dry-dock-schedules-and-upgrades. It provided these types of details and it was very handy. However I noticed a few months ago that they changed it so it's only available with a login, and appears to be for travel agents... too bad. It was great. Maybe some of you travel agents on this board can tell us????