Carnival Victory Cabin 9203

RailTraveler

GM, I am also booked in this same cabin for 12/4/17 sailing. This will also be my first time trying this category 4J so I am also interested in any feed back. And if we don't get a response then when I get onboard I will post some pics and give you some insight. Hopefully we don't have to wait until December for a reply. :(

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a 3 day Bahamas turn around on Victory 9203.

Personally I've been on Victory for 3 different itineraries. The two previous ones were back to back in balcony cabin 9207. My friends stayed in interior 9208. So I have some insight to share about the different rooms.

9203 Is considered an inside cabin, but it has a full size window and faces the bow of the ship. There is a walkway in front of the window accessible by one door on the port side of the ship at the end of the hall. There are a total of 5 cabins on the bow of deck 9.

First off deck 9 forward is my go-to deck. Food, pools, serenity, lobby and deck 0 (port access) are all easy to access from 9, it also doesnt have any crazy club or anything above or below it so its fairly quiet.

Pros of 9203:

-full size window at interior pricing

-room seems bigger (no couch, but room is more square than rectangle.

-end of hall has little to no evening traffic passing by

-outer walkway is only accessible from one door at the end of the forward hall port side so there isnt that many people that walk in front of the window outside.

-If you want to go outside for a quiet "balcony" feel, there is rarely anyone out there and there is a bench to look at stars from.

-during the DAY no one can see in the window. It has a crazy mirror effect and I tried to look in with nose on the glass and sheltering the light with my hands and couldnt see anything

Cons of 9203:

-it is the staging area for all the cleaning carts since there is so little traffic. This means that they are constantly bumping your wall (the one your pillow is against), from 7am-9pm, but at least not at night.

-since the cabin moves right to left in the center of the ship it seems to creek more. I was able to use hand cloths in the door jams to silence them all, but the beginning of the first night was a little more annoying than usual.

-There is no couch (I personally dont like them and no some rooms dont have them, but not having it may a lot more room available to walk around).

-at NIGHT people can look in the room if your lights are on and the curtain is drawn. Also there is no sheer curtain like some other rooms, there is only a blackouts. (you can hear when the outside door is opened because the wind makes the doors whistle a little, and I never head that in the evening, so I think I may have been the only person to venture out there at night, so this may not be ably issue, just be aware people can see in at night if they venture out there. Also if you do go out there be careful as you get to the left or right side while under way, the wind is incredible and might knock you over).

Personally next time I'll spring for another balcony. Even though 9207 is only 2 doors down and on the side of the ship, it was a lot quieter as the staging area for the cleaning people isnt in front of your door. To me this was a decent problem, though to some, it may not make a difference.

I've been in the porthole interior rooms (on imagination deck 1/2 forward). They were nice as they were true outside windows (no passers by), but I found the waves crashing against the hull annoying in rough waters and the big picture frame window and 9th deck is a huge upgrade over the porthole rooms.

I noticed that in rougher seas, being in the center of the ship had less motion than even walking down the hallways.

If you only want to pay for interior, it is a great option. The portholes are also better than true interior as you get a bit of a view and natural daylight. Its a huge advantage over regular interior rooms. However, if you can swing a deal for window or balcony room, I would recommend the upgrade depending on the location.

Lastly, the room has the standard bathroom. Sorry for the terrible pics, my phone doesnt have a wide angle lens so everything looks small and far away, but the room felt a lot bigger than the balconies I have had (probably due to there being no couch).

20170428_114652.jpg

20170428_114640.jpg

20170428_114627.jpg

20170430_193504.jpg

20170501_065348.jpg

20170501_065416.jpg

Edited by Depthsounder

• 7 months later...