Buying Wine Near New York Port

In Toronto

Which port are you cruising out of in metro NY area ?

There are no wine/liquor store at/near LGA A/P, sorry. It sounded like you are flying in on the day of embarkation ?

If you are using Manhattan Cruise Terminal - there are wine stores nearby - on both 11th Avenue and 12th Avenue, near W. 48th Street, that's about 4 to 5 city blocks from the pier's street exit @ 12th Ave. Google Map is your friend - please check your cruiseline's wine/corkage policy & what's allowed, fees - if any, etc.

Thanks mking8288.

That is not too far - how is the area - will I feel comfortable walking by myself? My husband does have some health issues so would not go with me.

Yes, no problem re bringing wine on ship - sailing NCL - can bring what I want (I just want a couple of whites and one red). I will just have to pay the $15.00 corkage charge on each one brought on.

Will check the map.

Ellen

... That is not too far - how is the area - will I feel comfortable walking by myself? ...
You are welcomed, no problem at all - area is busy during the day, traffic & folks walking, some taking the subway or to/from nearby Times Square area hotels & ship. You will be fine ... sidewalks lately, a little slippery with all that snow & ice at spots/crossing, 10 or maybe 15 minutes walk at most. Have car service/taxi drop both of you off first, get luggage to porter, hubby go inside & wait with personal bags.

Didn't want to assume it's NCL so you know their drills. Typical bottled wine onboard (Breakaway, last November) about $35 to $45++ plus 20% gratuities (that retailed for $10 to $15 at most locally + $15 fee, so you still come out ahead & get to pick your own. Cheers !