Cape Liberty to LGA travel time on a Saturday

el820

Hi,

I'm looking to make flight arrangements after disembarkation from the Quantum on Sat. March 17th. Looking at the flights, flying home to Canada out of LGA will save me a bit of money instead of flying out of EWR. Will it be safe to book a 12:25PM flight out of LGA?

Google maps estimates the travel time from Bayonne to LGA at about an hour.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking to make flight arrangements after disembarkation from the Quantum on Sat. March 17th. Looking at the flights, flying home to Canada out of LGA will save me a bit of money instead of flying out of EWR. Will it be safe to book a 12:25PM flight out of LGA?

Google maps estimates the travel time from Bayonne to LGA at about an hour.

Thanks

I'm guessing you mean Anthem instead of Quantum.

Exactly how much money will you save? How many pieces of luggage will you have? You can get to EWR for $20/pp on a shared shuttle. It will cost you about $120+ to go to LGA when you include the base fare, tolls, and expected 18-20% tip on the base fare.

Travel times to LGA have been problematic because of construction at the airport as well as the vagaries of traffic at the tunnel and bridges as well as on the roads. The New Yorkers have been recommending a minimum of a 3.5-4 hour lead time.

Mid-March weather in NYC can be unpredictable, should be warming up for early Spring or still cold, blizzard or major winter storm unlikely, but never know. Fewest flights at all area airports, especially LGA on a typical Saturday morning - not a RCL to speak to their arrival & disembark track records - doing self walk-off and if priority should help for the ride across 2 rivers to Queens, if the fare savings are good enough to offset the ground transport costs & risks for delays.

St Pat's parade is in mid-town Manhattan, as long as car service can avoid & use lower East River crossing (Manhattan or Brooklyn or even Williamsburgh Bridge - all without tolls) to reach LGA, weather & highway/road conditions cooperating - 90 minutes should suffice, curbside to curbside. Looking ahead, the major interior airport work being done is shifting over to Delta's - Terminal C & D.

An alternative would be to avoid going thru Manhattan via the Holland Tunnel, go west quick & then north onto the NJ Turnpike for the G.W. Bridge into Manhattan/Bronx - then the RFK Bridge (a/k/a Triborough) into Rt. 278 for LGA in Queens - that's a longer route but often faster ... car service drivers usually will suggest this if it's going to save them AND you time, and shouldn't charge for more fare. Otherwise, ask & check Google Map/Waze as you disembark the ship to see which is the faster route (that is, if you have cellular or WiFi data in the U.S.)

You can avoid the St. Patrick's parade ..... but, there are two million spectators for the parade and some travel from New Jersey which translates to more than normal Saturday traffic on the crossings (tunnels and bridges). Unless the cost saving is very significant I would recommend going home via EWR.

I meant the Anthem LOL.

The price difference is about $100 pp at the moment. We are a party of 4. I'm still debating on driving to port or flying. If I decide to fly to port, it seems a better idea to go with EWR on the return flight.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

The GWB/CrossBronx will probably be the way to go. It frequently shows up on Waze and Saturdays not many trucks.

Hah, I would avoid the Cross Bronx Expressway any day, or night for that matter no matter what Waze says. But I only know from experience as a New Yorker, why would never contradict a Google app.