Manhattan Cruise Terminal Parking with Toddler?

ebbie1081

Hi All,

I'm going on a Disney cruise in October out of Manhattan with my husband and my three-year-old. We are from southeastern Connecticut, and after considering all the options, we are going to just drive in and park at the cruise terminal.

Has anyone ever had the experience or known anyone who hasn't been able to get parking at the terminal because it was full?

If anyone has any other good ideas for transportation to Manhattan from Connecticut, I'm open to suggestions! We've considered the train, but don't have the patience to lug our suitcases AND a toddler and then fight to find a seat!

Hi All,

I'm going on a Disney cruise in October out of Manhattan with my husband and my three-year-old. We are from southeastern Connecticut, and after considering all the options, we are going to just drive in and park at the cruise terminal.

Has anyone ever had the experience or known anyone who hasn't been able to get parking at the terminal because it was full?

If anyone has any other good ideas for transportation to Manhattan from Connecticut, I'm open to suggestions! We've considered the train, but don't have the patience to lug our suitcases AND a toddler and then fight to find a seat!

There have been no reports of anyone unable to get parking.

Hi, we have parked at the terminal at least a dozen times and have never seen it sold out. This is the priciest option....about $250. for a week. We used Park Right our last cruise for only $200.00. Another option, depending on how well your toddler travels, would be a bus to Penn station (I think that is the one only a couple of blocks from the port). Grab a cab to the port. The best yet is to get family or friends to drive you. Our son has driven us and spent the day in NYC with our granddaughter.

Where in southern CT? You also have MetroNorth option and cab from GCT, it is how well you travel with bags and the child.

Drivers of yellow medallion taxicabs and for-hire vehicles and their passengers are exempt from laws regarding car seats and seatbelts in NY State. Children under 7 can sit in the lap of an adult and are not counted towards the vehicle maximum occupancy.