Carnival Magic - Cabin #9477

attran99

We're booked for a trip on the Carnival Magic for cabin #9477 (Vista deck, AFT). We loved this balcony on the Fascination, but will we love it on the Magic? We are towards the back area of the Tides pool. Was that a bad idea? Does anyone have any experiences or wisdom that they can offer? There's no information in the Cabin Compilation for me to go off of.

Thanks!

Here is a comment I came across from a previous poster who cruised on The Breeze and had the same cabin #... Ships are the same so feedback should be accurate. Hope this helps!!

I just stayed in room 9477 on the Breeze, with the same layout as the Dream, and I can tell you that the balcony is at least 40% bigger than other aft balcony rooms. It's the room next to the aft wrap. Not quite as big as the aft wrap, but definitely the biggest regular balcony I've ever seen or stayed in. Well worth the extra money. And the aft view is fabulous.

Thanks! We noticed the aft-balconies are bigger than usual when we were on the Fascination, too. We also loved the view from the back of the ship.

I’m rather more concerned with the noise because the Lido deck is right above and so is the back portion of the Tides pool area. Was wondering if that’s a factor for noise. Hope someone with experience can chime in regarding this issue.

I have had three aft-extended balconies on the Magic. First time on deck 7. Next two times I booked deck 9. Loved 9. The lip over the back of the balcony provides some shade. We heard a bit of scraping noise from above, and I really mean a bit. Very rarely, and not very loud.

Because those balconies get little breeze we found the shade was quite valuable.

Happy sailing.

Thanks! This is very helpful...the exact answer I was looking for. We're booked on a sailing that's almost at 100% capacity during a holiday/vacation week. I'm hoping there will still be very little scraping from above.

You're welcome. You sure can't beat the view from those balconies. Happy sailing.