Expedition Ship Days at Sea

5waldos

Wondering what we can expect on sea days? We have several- 4 1/2 I believe. Do folks lounge about in their pajamas for the day? Are there activities besides a talk or two? Do we gather at the pool and fight for chairs? Just curious.

We have not cruised in warm climes on an Expedition ship but in Antarctica enjoyed wonderful lectures from experienced and well informed speakers, food and wine tastings, mingling with like minded guests, bird and whale spotting. You won't be bored.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wondering what we can expect on sea days? Do we gather at the pool and fight for chairs?

You must be talking the Discoverer, as there is no pool on the Explorer :)

We have had several sea days on the Explorer, there have been cooking demos and tastings, galley tours, wine tastings, trivia ( run by the expedition staff - so not your usual trivia !!) Zodiac races (teams of passengers against crew teams - FUN )

And there is always the movie channel on the TV.

And the spa services ( facials, massages, etc ) are usually booked up on sea days.

There has always been plenty on offer - but sometimes a rest day - just doing not much is pretty good too. :)

Indeed the Discoverer. And although I have nothing at all against days of reading and relaxation- sounds like the staff has lots of thoughts for things to do as we chug along. Thanks- and yes, it will be very warm weather- sometime in there we cross the equator. Although a hot tub and glass of bubbly sounds quite nice indeed.

Indeed the Discoverer. Thanks- and yes, it will be very warm weather- sometime in there we cross the equator.

There is a very special service for people crossing the equator - don't miss it ! :D

Crossing the equator for the first time on a ship is definitely a special service.

We love sea days. Lounging around all day doing absolutely nothing, and before you know it, time for cocktails and dinner.

I have walked across the equator and flown across it multiple times- oh-and yes, I have sailed across it in the Galapagos. But they did nothing to celebrate it there. So I don't think I could seriously tell anyone that it was my first time. Perhaps I shall sit back and be a happy spectator.