Carnival Victory

sweetshell637

Our first cruise was on the victory so I don't have anything to compare to (looking at booking my 2nd ever cruise now). We loved it, but what impressed me most was the crew. Everyone we dealt with was great. It was a very laid back and fun cruise. Now that said it was just me and my husband and we wanted to have fun. I saw nothing overly obnoxious but I wouldn't take my kids on that particular cruise (short 4 day).

We had a balcony cabin on the empress deck. It was nice and quiet and had the redone bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My cruise on the Victory was in October 2015, was a 5 day out of Miami to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. I loved the ship's green and sea theme decor. Especially enjoyed the Atrium and the quiet outside decks off the atrium on deck three. As the above poster mentioned, I also was impressed by the friendly and hard working crew. I did not spend much time up on the pool deck, but did enjoy the serenity deck and I enjoyed the food everywhere on the ship, but really liked the Chopsticks option on lido deck for lunch, and that is not on many ships. service was good everywhere. so thumbs up from me on Victory.:)

Just got off the Victory 4 day to Key West & Cozumel. I agree about the staff. They were really great. I'm going to write a review soon but overall the food was very good, the entertainment was great (especially Andy in the piano bar...omg he's great!)

Cabins are all updated nicely. We had a balcony on Lido. I like this ship's layout. Our first of this class was the Destiny back in 1998 & we loved it. Our favorite class is the Freedom/Conquest, but Victory was really nice. Loved the decor as well. I'm also now a fan of the 4 day cruise.

Just got off the Victory 4 day to Key West & Cozumel. I agree about the staff. They were really great. I'm going to write a review soon but overall the food was very good, the entertainment was great (especially Andy in the piano bar...omg he's great!)

Cabins are all updated nicely. We had a balcony on Lido. I like this ship's layout. Our first of this class was the Destiny back in 1998 & we loved it. Our favorite class is the Freedom/Conquest, but Victory was really nice. Loved the decor as well. I'm also now a fan of the 4 day cruise.

Are all the renovations complete? Are they still doing a 2 hr delayed boarding??

Are all the renovations complete? Are they still doing a 2 hr delayed boarding??

All the renovations are completed. I don't know why we still had the delayed boarding but maybe that has ended. We got on board really fast tho.

• 9 months later...

I just got off the Victory yesterday. My favorite thing was the general laid-back feel of the whole boat and the service from the entire crew was top-notch. Also, we splurged a big and got an aft balcony room (7429) and it was SO AMAZING to watch the sunset and just hang out. Also, the Alchemy Bar has the best drinks ever.

The cabin renovations are done, except for the cabins they are adding to the front of the Lido deck where the observation area was.

The ship is in Dry Dock now undergoing this and other additions.

The cabin renovations are done, except for the cabins they are adding to the front of the Lido deck where the observation area was.

The ship is in Dry Dock now undergoing this and other additions.

Hmmmmm the Victory just pulled in yesterday...... And the cabins renovations are done?!?

I will not order that drink......

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

We were on the Victory over Thanksgiving, and loved the crew. Servers in the main Dining room were great with our grandkids.

Favorite spot to visit in the Bahamas is definitely Half Moon Cay. Get a cabana if you can and be on the first tender. You will have the entire beach to yourself.

Thinking of maybe booking the Victory for an anniversary cruise in April. Anyone have confirmation of what all upgrades she's getting during this dry dock? I've heard Guy's, Blue Iguana, Bonsai Sushi, Cherry on Top. Anything else like Waterworks being added?

Thinking of maybe booking the Victory for an anniversary cruise in April. Anyone have confirmation of what all upgrades she's getting during this dry dock? I've heard Guy's, Blue Iguana, Bonsai Sushi, Cherry on Top. Anything else like Waterworks being added?

I can't seem to locate the thread where I read it, but a cruiser who recently got off the Victory said that the area at the bottom of the water slides was roped off and work was being done there on their sailing, so it is likely that the waterworks is being added. John Heald wouldn't confirm anything other than what you had listed and said the rest would be a "surprise."