Breeze Failed Public Health Inspection?

bury me at sea

It was a surprise because the last time it was inspected (July of this year) it received a 97% score from the CDC.

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionResults.aspx

You can check the CDC site from time to time. Eventually the most recent report will be published.

I am assuming this is the article you are referencing.

http://crew-center.com/carnival-breeze-fails-usph-inspection

Keith

What happens now? Do they make it stay put until it passes? My daughter is boarding the Breeze in early February, andI was planning to book this ship for January 2019, after my January 2018 cruise on NCL Getaway. I haven’t cruised Carnival since 2007, and was very unsure whether to book again with them, as I have been very happy with RCCL and NCL, but I have some Carnival reward points to cash in. My daughter talked me into the Breeze, as she said it looked like a great ship. Now, I’m a bit hesitant. Someone please tell me what happens now for them since they failed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The article points out that the failures were not from the Food & Beverage department, but rather from other areas of the ship. That can be almost anything.

Not long ago, one of the ships got dinged because a desk drawer in the power control room had a sealed tea bag lying in it. I have one of those in my desk drawer at work.

Not makining excuses, just saying that until the report is detailed, don't get to worried about it.

The article points out that the failures were not from the Food & Beverage department, but rather from other areas of the ship. That can be almost anything.

Not long ago, one of the ships got dinged because a desk drawer in the power control room had a sealed tea bag lying in it. I have one of those in my desk drawer at work.

Not makining excuses, just saying that until the report is detailed, don't get to worried about it.

Exactly. It could be from having unsanitary conditions in public bathrooms, perhaps tables or trays weren't cleaned to specs in the lounges, etc. Won't know until the CDC publishes its report.

I was just on the Breeze Dec 3 -10 and didn't notice any overt irregularities in any public areas I visited.

It may even be medical records, kid's area, laundry, lighting, ventilation, pools, too much food handling equipment out of service, or even esoteric things like "back-flow preventers" on cabin showers, or other possible cross-contamination sources.

I have found a lot of passengers on cruiseships who could use an health inspection! But for the most part, I've never noticed any overt violations (not that I'm looking for them mind you!).

But the thing I noticed about the article was the lack of detail, other than it wasn't in the Food & Bev area. I'd be interested to see the details of the report when it's available...

Honestly I have a hard time believing these reports from crew-center, I wouldn't believe too much into this. Just last month there was another post titled "Triumph Inspection Fail" based on crew-center, it turned out to be absolutely false. Personalty, I'll wait for the official report from the CDC before passing judgement.

Fake Triumph report: http://crew-center.com/carnival-triumph-fails-usph-inspection

Please don't believe everything you read on the Internet. The link is reporting information from another unreliable website, and the source of that info is a "tip from a crew member." Unless it is posted on the CDC website, no one knows what is true and what is made up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Honestly I have a hard time believing these reports from crew-center, I wouldn't believe too much into this. Just last month there was another post titled "Triumph Inspection Fail" based on crew-center, it turned out to be absolutely false. Personalty, I'll wait for the official report from the CDC before passing judgement.

Fake Triumph report: http://crew-center.com/carnival-triumph-fails-usph-inspection

I agree.