Nightlife in Hamilton or other places in Bermuda

sansterre

Where to go? What to do? We will be docked in Hamilton for two evenings in Hamilton. I recall there is great shopping there during the day but what is Hamilton like at night? If not Hamilton, where should young adults go for a good meal and/or a good time?

Where to go? What to do? We will be docked in Hamilton for two evenings in Hamilton. I recall there is great shopping there during the day but what is Hamilton like at night? If not Hamilton, where should young adults go for a good meal and/or a good time?

There are many good restaurant options in Hamilton in the evening. Hog Penny, Pickled Onion, Flanagans Irish Pub to name a few. There are a lot more than those I named. Hamilton is a good place to be docked during the day and evening. There are also some clubs there but since I have not been docked in Hamilton a number of years now I can't give recommendations on the current scene.

Some of our favorite evenings with good food followed by live music are at Henry VII, and also dining at Coconut’s at the Reef Resort and then ebpnjoying a band in the Lounge & Terrace at the resort. Both are near one another on the south road just past Horseshoe Bay so you’d need to pay attention to the last bus back to Hamilton or plan to take a taxi back. A nice day could be enjoying one of the beaches close by like HSB, or perhaps gorgeous Warwick Long Bay to escape the main crowds followed by a bite and music at one of these venues. The south shore beaches are a must, and Henry VIII is more of a casual place and is a fun spot for happy hour and evenings after the beach.

Our favorite band is Randy Lambert and his band Tempo, a great singer/guitarist who plays everything from calypso to today’s pop and rock, Thursday eevening at the Reef and other evenings at Henry VIII. If too far for you check for him in Hamilton at other venues, there are other great artists as well.

For good pub fare in Hamilton we enjoy a great pizza on the balcony at the Pickled Onion overlooking the waterfront, and the English pub fare at Hog Penny’s is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments. I just realized my husband's birthday will be the day the cruise ship arrives in Hamilton. We are 70 but will be with our son so need something everyone will enjoy. The pizza overlooking the harbor sounds good. Perhaps after the trolley tour through town. Has anyone done the trolley tour? Any other ideas for a senior birthday?

Thanks for all the comments. I just realized my husband's birthday will be the day the cruise ship arrives in Hamilton. We are 70 but will be with our son so need something everyone will enjoy. The pizza overlooking the harbor sounds good. Perhaps after the trolley tour through town. Has anyone done the trolley tour? Any other ideas for a senior birthday?

Horse carriage ride.

When are you going to be there? In the summer months, starting in May, I think (I can check if you’re interested) they have a street festival on Wednesday nights called Harbor Nights. There is music, dancing, street food (Portuguese donuts are scrumptious!), local vendors with crafts and other wares, and the Goombey dancers!

We mostly fly in and stay. There’s always a lot going on in Hamilton. As others have suggested, the Pickled Onion, Flanagan’s and the Hog Penny always have entertainment in the evening, and always a fun crowd.

If it were my birthday, I’d want a special meal at Red Steakhouse next to the Pickled Onion on Front St. Not cheap by any means but so good.

Another fun thing to do is to take the bus (#10 or #11) to the Aquarium and Zoo in Flatts (a really lovely little village!). Check out all the exhibits, wait for them to feed the seals (around 1pm), then hop back on the bus (same place you got off) and head for the Swizzle Inn in Bailey’s Bay. Good food. Lots of Swizzles and the Bailey’s Bay Ice Cream parlor across the road for dessert.

This is one of our favorite things to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums