Stay onboard or get off?

KDNest

Hubby and I have cruised many times- we’ve been to Nassau’s Port. This is the first time we are cruising with our kids (5 & 8) and since it’s a short cruise (3nt), I’m contemplating staying on the ship while docked at Nassau. I don’t want to do any expensive shore excursions. Has anyone ever stayed on their Disney ship while at port? I assume they still have some activities going on, food available, etc? Anything I should know?

Thanks!

On a 3 night cruise, probably 1/3 of the guests will stay on the ship while in Nassau. It is a great time to enjoy things like the AquaDuck with much smaller crowds. The kid programming will be open the entire time the ship is in port. There will not be many adult activities until the "all aboard" time, but you can enjoy the pools, the sun, etc. We regard Nassau as a "been there, done that" port and generally stay on board.

There used to be a great on line video about Nassau made by DCL crew (not a flattering video....) Ultimately either the government or the Nassau tourist people convinced DCL to force the CMs to take it down.

Last time I was on the Wonder I was only off the boat in Nassua for about 3 or 4 hours. Then got back on the ship.

Basically everything is a lot less crowded. Pools are practically empty. Some of the restaurants stay open. Enough to where you'll be able to grab food whenever. They also had character meet and greets going on too.

I'll be doing the same thing on my next cruise. Nassua is a one-and-done kind of thing for me.

We have done the 3&4 day cruises with little kids and both times we stayed onboard. DCL has plenty of activities to do on board, about the same amount as a day at Sea but with the shops closed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am taking my 6 yo grandson on the Disney Dream in March. His first cruise and my first cruise with Disney. I thought about booking a 7 day cruise with Disney - but their only option during his Spring Break was a Western Caribbean itinerary. I didn't want to pay the port fees to keep him on the ship and really didn't want to bring a 6 year old ashore on some of those Western islands. So I chose the shorter cruise that goes to Nassau and Castaway Cay and has a sea day. Since it's his first cruise, I've opted to do the Atlantis Aquaventure thing while we're in Nassau. I've done it before, so I know he'll have a blast. I've had cruises parked next to the Disney ships in Nassau and always thought they looked like fun. That water coaster was open - and just looked awesome.

Whatever you choose to do, you'll have a great time. :)