Looking For A 4-Star Hotel in Charleston, SC- Any Suggestions?

Sybird

:)We will be on Ecstasy on Feb.26, 2018. Looking for a pre /or post hotel in/near tourist area.

P.S.. What MIGHT the weather be?? Sorry for the short notice but I booked cruise today

Thanks.

I wanted to add that when I do my hotel searches that in addition to reading what has been posted on the ports of call boards and also posting my own question I find that Trip Advisor is a terrific source of information. You can easily search that site based on four start ratings.

Keith

I live in Charleston and the weather from November through April is a crap shoot. Could be 40 one day and 80 the next. Yesterday we got 4" of snow, which is probably more than we've gotten in all the years combined since the blizzard of '89. Monday it's supposed to be 60 degrees, LOL.

As for a nice hotel in the tourist district, I'd book the Market Pavilion Hotel. Even though I live here, we occasionally book a summer weekend there just to be downtown the whole weekend and enjoy their rooftop pool. It's in the heart of the tourist district, at the corner of Market and E. Bay, and you can see and practically spit at the Ecstasy from the rooftop pool/bar area. It will be convenient for sightseeing and is surrounded by great restaurants. Grill 225 is on the ground level, and the menu on the rooftop is one of my faves for lunch downtown. Also High Cotton and McCrady's just down E. Bay Street, or Husk a few blocks away.

I was in Detyens shipyard from December, 2009, to March 2010, and I can say that it was colder than a well digger's behind most of the time, and we had some serious snowfall for the area (2-4"), and freezing rain.

maybe you lived further inland than I do? Sometimes we'll get freezing rain but hear reports of snow in Summerville for instance. I can assure you I've never seen 4" of snow in Mt. Pleasant until yesterday! :)

(been here since '94)

maybe you lived further inland than I do? Sometimes we'll get freezing rain but hear reports of snow in Summerville for instance. I can assure you I've never seen 4" of snow in Mt. Pleasant until yesterday! :)

(been here since '94)

Detyens is on the Cooper River, right in North Charleston.

(been here since '94)

The shipyard he is talking about is the old Naval Shipyard on the old navy base.

The shipyard he is talking about is the old Naval Shipyard on the old navy base.

I realize that, but it was unclear where he was actually LIVING while working there. Either way, it's entirely possible that the couple of months he was here there was a particularly long cold snap, but having been here 24 years, I can say from experience what I said before- that the weather from November to April is a crap shoot, and can (and does) vary widely from 40-80 degrees over just a few days, and that snow is EXTREMELY rare. When it does occur, it's generally just some flurries that don't stick. :)