Help unpacking?

cruisingbearz

I am going on a 7 day cruise with my family that includes children. We are traveling on Carnival in suites. My question is does carnival offer any services to help with unpacking and setting up your cabin? I din't expect this to be free and am fine with paying, I am just the type of person that I can't relax until everything is in its place and settled. Thank you in advance for any advice/help! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

If you want to pay for me to go on your cruise with you, I'll be more than happy to spend that 5 minutes unpacking your bags for you at no cost. I am running a special this week and this week only... I will even pack your bags back up for you the day before you disembark at no additional cost.

Man, just when I think I've read it all ......

Hahahaha before I read your post I told my girlfriend the same... haha first time in my life I see one willing to pay someone else to unpack.

Well, I see here a big opportunity. I'll open my unpack company... :D

If you want to pay for me to go on your cruise with you, I'll be more than happy to spend that 5 minutes unpacking your bags for you at no cost. I am running a special this week and this week only... I will even pack your bags back up for you the day before you disembark at no additional cost.

:'):'):'):'):'):')

I’m not sure why paying (tipping) someone to assist in unpacking is a silly or absurd idea? People pay for services all the time, oil changes, yard work, house cleaning to name a few. I added the bit about paying for it because I didn’t expect it to come free or without a cost.

Thank your for the replies I appreciate it :)

Who normally helps you unpack? I would say if you have a significant other or children over the age of say 5, they are capable of taking things out of the suitcase and put them on the shelf in the closet. Maybe the taller people can help the little ones with hangers in the closet? It is a family vacation, all the way around, get them involved! Have fun!

I don't really think it's an unreasonable question. I would not pay for somebody to help me unpack but as OP said, people pay for all kinds of services I would not personally pay for.

Unfortunately Carnival does not offer this service. If it is really important to you, I suppose you could go on your roll call and see if you could recruit somebody to come help unpack--just negotiate a time/price with them. Why not?

Simple...pull out the dressier clothes and put on hangers...Then have each person work out of a suitcase. They slide right under the bed. Pull out each moring ...pickout outfit ....and slide under again. You will need to plan more time to pack though...lol

I’m not sure why paying (tipping) someone to assist in unpacking is a silly or absurd idea? People pay for services all the time, oil changes, yard work, house cleaning to name a few. I added the bit about paying for it because I didn’t expect it to come free or without a cost.

Thank your for the replies I appreciate it :)

It's not that the idea is silly or absurd, just not a service you'd find available even for a fee on Carnival. And that is what you asked. Do they offer it, no they do not. Some of the suggestions, packing cubes or getting the family involved with unpacking, are your best options. The cabins have adequate, but not abundant storage, so there might not be a place for everything. There are threads devoted to packing tips and I suggest you review them to help make your vacation a fun one

Funny but you should probably ask for cheers while you are at it

I don't think it's absurd or silly to ask. Carnival will assist with packing/unpacking if you are doing a B2B and switching cabins. You could always ask your cabin steward.

I know people that won't cruise unless they have butler service. On one cruise, I had the option and politely refused because I would freak out if someone was touching my stuff:D.

Others have offered good ideas...unpacking for a week isn't that bad.

Have fun.:)

I think the color-coded packing cubes would be the best way to go.

One thing my daughter does with her little ones is use a ziplock bag with one complete outfit (top, bottoms, undies, socks) per bag. She writes the day/description on the bag. For example: Monday- Johnny play clothes, Monday- Susie dress clothes, etc. It was very helpful to us grandparents when we watched the kids for a few days.

In Celebrity's suites you get a Butler and they do pack and unpack for you.

EWWW! That's MUCH too private.

They wouldn't know how to handle my unspun wool (I take a drop spindle on vacations), and how about my ..... adult ....toys...? Would they know to put them in the drawer by the bed?

EWWW! That's MUCH too private.

They wouldn't know how to handle my unspun wool (I take a drop spindle on vacations), and how about my ..... adult ....toys...? Would they know to put them in the drawer by the bed?

I'm sure they have seen it all before. Just give them instructions should you require anything out of the ordinary or you can do it yourself.

I am going on a 7 day cruise with my family that includes children. We are traveling on Carnival in suites. My question is does carnival offer any services to help with unpacking and setting up your cabin? I din't expect this to be free and am fine with paying, I am just the type of person that I can't relax until everything is in its place and settled. Thank you in advance for any advice/help! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

That is a new one on me , you want a stranger to unpack your clothes??? wow