Can I make a 12 Noon flight out of Rome on disembarcation day?

I just confirmed my flight and its had a slight change to 12 noon. Anyone sailed into Rome and transfered tot he airport with SilverSea? Can I safely get to the airport by 10:30?

Thanks!

If you dock the previous day then yes - but if you dock that morning at say 08:00 you should be able to just do it - but suggest you make your own travel arrangements to the airport

• 8 years later...

Last summer we had an 11:20 flight out of Rome to Paris (we sailed Seabourn).

We requested an early debarkation, private transfer at 7:45, kept our luggage with us and were far in advance for our flight. The transfer is approximately 45 - 50 minutes even though the cruise line will tell you 1 1/2 hours. The airport is not in a congested area.

You appear to be answering a question the OP asked 9 years ago!

I suspect they are home by now!:D

I always suspected that people didn't read the posts properly by some of the answers that appear from time to time

I should check the missing persons register before closing the thread

The first post on this thread by uk1 is very funny

http://boards.cruisecritic.com./showthread.php?t=179754

I found it before I'd ever sailed with SS, and was rather perplexed by it.....until our very first dinner onboard when all became clear. :D

Edited to add..just read it again and am crying laughing!

I found it before I'd ever sailed with SS, and was rather perplexed by it.....until our very first dinner onboard when all became clear. :D

But what about

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3750874&highlight=marcus#post3750874

This may have been the begining of the end ......

;)

And this routine is still in place today on any luxury ship that you care to mention:)

in fact Mr Jeff is the patron saint of sommeliers the world over.

If you look closely at the taste vin (the metal plate hung on a chain around a sommeliers neck) you can clearly see a picture of Mr Jeff.

Vive la difference, indeed Jeff.

I still haven't really learned to deal graciously with the 'random ***********s' referred to in that other post. When I'm in earshot of one I always look around to see who the stranger uttering them is actually talking to. I hold up my hands, I'm British, I have terrible 'nutter on the bus' type anxiety with strangers ;)

Just in case you've forgotten it - I mean missed it ;) - uk1 wrote another very witty, acutely observed post about rucksacks with 3 weeks supply of snacks and other contents. I witness this phenomenon every day when I'm in Paris. I'm reluctant to link to it, as I don't want it to be another 'beginning of the end', but a search for Stephansdom cathedral will quickly find it. Thread topic is about suitable attire for embarkation.

Edited to add: oh bless the CC censoring software! I didn't write anything inappropriate, the software has decided that the word I used is unacceptable presumably because of its 'other' meaning.

Vive la difference, indeed Jeff.

I still haven't really learned to deal graciously with the 'random ***********s' referred to in that other post. When I'm in earshot of one I always look around to see who the stranger uttering them is actually talking to. I hold up my hands, I'm British, I have terrible 'nutter on the bus' type anxiety with strangers ;)

Just in case you've forgotten it - I mean missed it ;) - uk1 wrote another very witty, acutely observed post about rucksacks with 3 weeks supply of snacks and other contents. I witness this phenomenon every day when I'm in Paris. I'm reluctant to link to it, as I don't want it to be another 'beginning of the end', but a search for Stephansdom cathedral will quickly find it. Thread topic is about suitable attire for embarkation.

Edited to add: oh bless the CC censoring software! I didn't write anything inappropriate, the software has decided that the word I used is unacceptable presumably because of its 'other' meaning.

What a memory you have!:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=1591761&postcount=7

They don't change do they ....:confused:

Oh dear it's all starting again!:p

Archived