How far ahead to print documents and tags

creel5857

You really don't need to print anything out until the day you leave :D

Day before is better. Once I did in the morning of our boarding day and it was no longer available.

I always have a folder set up for the cruise where I put items that need to be printed out. Unless I am on a guarantee I print our boarding passes1-2 weeks before or earlier.

We usually print things as soon as we have completed the on-line check-in, unless we are waiting for a guarantee assignment. I wouldn't wait any later than 3 or 4 days out just in case there's a problem with their system or yours. BTW you only need to print the first page of the 10>12 pages of edocs (i.e., the Boarding Pass) in case you are asked for it entering the port area or the terminal.

Day before is better. Once I did in the morning of our boarding day and it was no longer available.

I always have a folder set up for the cruise where I put items that need to be printed out. Unless I am on a guarantee I print our boarding passes1-2 weeks before or earlier.

Agree! We also have a folder/binder with all important papers for every cruise: air tickets, hotel reservations, boarding passes, shore excursion reservations, dining reservations and most important of all ... wine list to buy and bring onboard ;p .

Once the express docs come, I print off the first page and put it away for travel.

Luggage tags are printed and laminated (dollar store laminate sheets works well).

I look upon it as a job done. Too many other things to do just before we leave - including getting the deadly duo (dogs) to their home away from home.

I usually wait until about 5-7 days before sailing. That way it is normally beyond the upsell time (in case I get lucky). If upsells are not likely, I would do it about 2-4 weeks prior. Further, I do not want to wait until the last minute in case there is a computer problem.

• 7 months later...
we are going on cruise beginning dec 8 and wondering how far ahead I need to print everything out. I went on website once to fill in a lot of data but just didn’t know how soon to print it out

You will get an email from HAL saying your Boarding Passes are available to be printed. I believe it is 50 days before sailing when you can print. You can fill out the Express Online Documents earlier than that but you have to wait until their timeline to print. I usually just go ahead and print mine BUT if your flights change for any reason or you have other changes you will have to go through the process again.

we are going on cruise beginning dec 8 and wondering how far ahead I need to print everything out. I went on website once to fill in a lot of data but just didn’t know how soon to print it out

I tend to be very compulsive and print everything out the first day I am able to do so.Most people that I know print documents 30 days prior to the cruise leaving.

I print them when they become available. One less thing to worry about during the busy pre-cruise days. If we get lucky and subsequently upgrade or otherwise change cabins, reprinting is a minor chore.

With the --ahem-- quality of the new website, print a "Plan B" copy as soon as you can

(I think it's sailing -75), and then your "Plan A" copy shortly before you leave for the ship.

I leave on Tues, and of course had problems today. Edge whiffed every time I hit "PRINT",

and Firefox won't even try to paint the green "PRINT" button if I'm zoomed to more than 190%.

I save the documents as pdfs when I complete online check-in, but don't print them out until 2-3 days before I leave, when I am gathering all the paperwork and making my packing lists. Any earlier than that and things can change and in my house, the papers are more likely to get lost.

• 1 month later...
I print them when they become available. One less thing to worry about during the busy pre-cruise days. If we get lucky and subsequently upgrade or otherwise change cabins, reprinting is a minor chore.

I do the same thing. Having the printed docs and luggage tags makes the cruise seem more real and finally just around the corner.

With the --ahem-- quality of the new website, print a "Plan B" copy as soon as you can

(I think it's sailing -75), and then your "Plan A" copy shortly before you leave for the ship.

I leave on Tues, and of course had problems today. Edge whiffed every time I hit "PRINT",

and Firefox won't even try to paint the green "PRINT" button if I'm zoomed to more than 190%.

I agree with you. Murphy is alive, well, and usually shows up about the time I need to print a boarding pass. I managed to come up with a method to print boarding passes and luggage tags this week for a cruise that leaves next weekend but I'm glad I didn't have to figure it out at the last minutes.

Is there actually a relationship between printing docs and getting upsell/upgrade offers? It's hard to imagine why that would be.

Absolutely no relationship. HOWEVER, every time I print the luggage tags and the docs, I do seem to get an upsell offer, just so I have to reprint them! Just a rule of nature I guess.......

• 2 weeks later...