Phone number for upgrade info?

dcsam

I received an email regarding an upgrade. That was a couple weeks ago. On it, was the HAL phone number to call. I don’t have that info any more. Anybody have the phone number to call regarding upgrades? Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Is it better to call HAL directly or go back to my TA? The "guaranteed" room we got was not exactly what we expected, I know you take your chances, going to AK in 1 week in Zaandam

You have to go through your TA.

Just curious, but what was unexpected about the cabin allocated to you?

We had an obstructed view (HH), with hopes of at least a view in the front/back of the ship.. We got a mid-ship a few doors away from the laundry room. I know some people would appreciate the mid ship which is great, but the laundry room is a gathering place from 6:00 in the morning till 9:00 at night. People don't realize their voices are competing with the washer/dryers. Since the cruise is not oversold in the OV category I would have thought there would have been other options. But like I said, it is the chances you take with a guaranteed room.

We had an obstructed view (HH), with hopes of at least a view in the front/back of the ship.. We got a mid-ship a few doors away from the laundry room. I know some people would appreciate the mid ship which is great, but the laundry room is a gathering place from 6:00 in the morning till 9:00 at night. People don't realize their voices are competing with the washer/dryers. Since the cruise is not oversold in the OV category I would have thought there would have been other options. But like I said, it is the chances you take with a guaranteed room.

While DW and I would normally be awake while the laundry room is open, I can certainly understand your concern. I hope that your TA can arrange for a trade to a quieter location.

You might ask for a the chance to upgrade yourself (for a price of course).

That may no longer be an issue. There was a live thread just after this springs dry dock that indicated that the laundry room is now a cabin.

See post #13 in this thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2544379&highlight=Zaandam+%26+laundry

Edited by TiogaCruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Onboard the Zaandam now, the former laundry room on Lower Promenade appears to be two interior rooms. Number LP01 and LP02. Can someone look at a mock future booking to see if these rooms are for general passenger use or perhaps reserved for HAL insider use (staff, family or contractor)? 0d1aca12d27e1ec4fe9fb21f806e40f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...