Breakfast cereals

Nang

We are on the Koningsdam for a Mediterranean cruise late Sept with our grand daughter who loves Weetbix for breakfast. I've done 5 HAL cruises but have no idea about the range of breakfast cereals. Is Weetbix or Vita Brits available?

I'm trying to get her onto porridge/oatmeal as a back up but am not having much success to date but there is always toast and Vegemite (she is an Aussie after all).

I've haven't seen Weetbix on the cruise ships. And vegemite is hit or miss. My Australian husband brings his own now. Last cruise he had to write our cabin number on the jar because the waiters in the Lido kept wanting to take it back to the spot with all the other condiments.

But there are so many other breakfast choices in the Lido, I doubt she'll miss the Weetbix for the duration of the cruise: Eggs, waffles, toast (all kinds), omelettes, fruits, pancakes, sausages, bacon, yogurts, Museli, croissants, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, yoghurt parfaits, etc.

There are cereals, but I find they are more US brands - Kellogg's and General Mills - Rice Bubbles & Cheerios, but not the icky frosted Cheerios in Australian groceries, traditional unsweetened ones. There are also Fruit Loops and Raisin Bran.

:)

We are on the Koningsdam for a Mediterranean cruise late Sept with our grand daughter who loves Weetbix for breakfast. I've done 5 HAL cruises but have no idea about the range of breakfast cereals. Is Weetbix or Vita Brits available?

I'm trying to get her onto porridge/oatmeal as a back up but am not having much success to date but there is always toast and Vegemite (she is an Aussie after all).

Where's the vegemite thread?? Lol!!

We bought a small jar back to the U.S. to show friends. Guess it's an acquired taste as the pictures we took of friends trying it attest to.

There are cereals, but I find they are more US brands - Kellogg's and General Mills - Rice Bubbles & Cheerios, but not the icky frosted Cheerios in Australian groceries, traditional unsweetened ones. There are also Fruit Loops and Raisin Bran.

This has been my experience as well.

There are 11 cold cereals listed on the breakfast menu - Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, All Bran, Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, Fruit Loops, Bran Flakes, Special K, Granola, and Rice Krispies. There are also 4 hot cereals - oatmeal, Irish steel cut oatmeal, grits, and cream of wheat.

Roz

If you bring cereal with you, make sure it's in a sealed unopened box.

Roz

That is not necessary when bringing food onto the ship vs.off t the ship.

A number of timesw e b rought lobster lunches onto. the ship for friends. And smoked meat sandwiches in montreal. Fully permitted.

That's strange, on my computer the OP's header says Adelaide, Australia, so I assumed they would be flying to the US from a foreign country.

Roz

The original question, which I answered was from Colonial Innkeeper,,,,,, who has Massachusetts in her header. Others added questions, after. maybe skim through the thread from the start?

That's strange, on my computer the OP's header says Adelaide, Australia, so I assumed they would be flying to the US from a foreign country.

Roz

Yup. I see Adelaide too.

Ah you were both responding to different posts from different folks... makes sense now.

You may be best to take a small jar of Vegemite with you, unopened. These days HAL has Vegemite available on cruises "down under". They may have Marmite available on European cruises.