Sloths or Jaguar Center, private tour recommendations?

Knighton

We're going on the Coral Princess this April and it's stopping in Limon, Costa Rica. We wanted to do the "meet the sloths" through the ship, but it's waitlisted. If we do a private tour, which is better, the Sloth Sanctuary or the Jaguar Rescue Center? And does anyone have a recommendation for a private tour operator? I'm not finding much searching for one on my own. Thanks!

We're gonna nag next week and are booked through Oscar Brown tours. They said there is more interaction with the animals at the Jaguar Rescue Center so that is where we are going. Obviously, we haven't gone yet so I can't tell you my experience, but they got good reviews and have been very responsive.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Contact Jorge at http://www.portlimon.com/ and ask him if it's doable in the time you're in port. We did a custom tour with him a few years ago and am still in contact with him as friends on Facebook to this day. He's a wonderful guide, speaks great English, is flexible, honest, sweet, funny, and knows CR inside and out. Can't recommend him enough! BTW, we spent the morning at the JRC and would go there again in a heartbeat! FABULOUS organization. Would have been happy to spend the entire day there. :D

• 1 month later...

I am hoping someone else from the November 6th Caribbean Princess will be interested in going to the Jaguar Sanctuary in Limon, Costa Rica. It has been on my bucket list for years. So far....I'm unsuccessful in finding a tour. So would be interested in joining any one who already is booked on a tour.

• 2 months later...
I am hoping someone else from the November 6th Caribbean Princess will be interested in going to the Jaguar Sanctuary in Limon, Costa Rica. It has been on my bucket list for years. So far....I'm unsuccessful in finding a tour. So would be interested in joining any one who already is booked on a tour.

Did you find a tour operator to do it? I contacted syl travel and received a response from them. They were willing to do a private tour of the Jaguar Sanctuary + ziplining (I wanted to do both). I think it's too pricey though. I'm curious as to if you had any luck joining a tour?

• 1 month later...