RCI Explorer of the Seas - Power Boards

Hi

I have been on a few cruises with P & O and Carnival, our next cruise is with RCI EOTS. On past cruises we have taken a power board and had no issues, I have heard that some cruise lines now won't allow these on board, any idea about EOTS?

Also what adapter will we need, guessing US?

Cheers,

Steve

You will need a US adaptor, if you take the power board without a surge protector, you may have a better chance of keeping it. There is a type of US to Aus adaptor that has several USB ports as well (sort of cube) which is very popular and normally allowed.

You will find US and EU - there will be sockets for both with the correct respective voltages but 60 Hz in both cases. Power boards with surge protectors are not allowed by any cruise line; whether you can get one on without a surge protector is hit and miss - it was miss for us last time on Explorer.

We have only been in a GS on Explorer. There were four outlets readily available; two of each flavour.

Ok thanks, I might have to see if I can find one of those cube things.. any ideas who sells them in Aus?

Cheers

Steve

Take a power board with you anyway, we have never had one removed and we used 2 constantly on the VOS.

Bit concerned about Explorer not allowing them as Explorer is our next cruise.

I have both 2 flat pin and 2 round pin adapters and the round pin is always good for the shaver port in the bathroom I am sure nobody ever uses anyway.

Officeworks sell the cube. Its called Allocacoc Power Cube. It has 4 power outlets and 2 usb ports. 1.5 metre is $33.88.

We have used it 4 times on Celebrity Solstice and twice on Carnival Spirit. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Officeworks sell the cube. Its called Allocacoc Power Cube. It has 4 power outlets and 2 usb ports. 1.5 metre is $33.88.

We have used it 4 times on Celebrity Solstice and twice on Carnival Spirit. No problems.

That was the one I was trying to think of. Cheers.

Think I saw these at Costco too if you have one handy. Around the $30 mark.

You will find US and EU - there will be sockets for both with the correct respective voltages but 60 Hz in both cases. Power boards with surge protectors are not allowed by any cruise line; whether you can get one on without a surge protector is hit and miss - it was miss for us last time on Explorer.

We have only been in a GS on Explorer. There were four outlets readily available; two of each flavour.

Was it in your hand luggage or checked luggage when it was taken?

Cheers

Just got off the explorer and we had a small aldi travel adapter (2 plug 2 USB) which was in the checked luggage and was not allowed on board been on the explorer twice before with it but got picked up this time . When we went to deck one to get the case there were Hundreds of Cases with contraband items - heaps of power boards, irons and alcohol. Got the board back after we cleared customs. They X-ray every case but we have never had our power bard spotted before. The cabin steward loaned us a travel adapter plug

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always take an Aldi adapter and its never been picked up. We pack it in a small bag, I think it is the one it came with, along with a heap of USB cables and other electrical plugs and AA/AAA battery charger. Disguised it perhaps?

On our last RCI (Ovation) cruise in December, as we debarked, there was a table loaded with powerboards for people to collect as they left. There were also irons, kettles and even what appeared to be an elecric fan with removable blades.

We had never had our aldi power board picked up before this trip. Some one told me on the ovation they have USB PowerPoints in the desk - is the correct? We are going in December and just wondered[emoji3]

We had never had our aldi power board picked up before this trip. Some one told me on the ovation they have USB PowerPoints in the desk - is the correct? We are going in December and just wondered[emoji3]

Here is my review of our recent Ovation OTS cruise.

There is a picture of the power outlets.

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=603108

Here is my review of our recent Ovation OTS cruise.

There is a picture of the power outlets.

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=603108

Great review, thanks for posting - can’t wait to go now (except it’s not till next Christmas [emoji13])

We always take an Aldi adapter and its never been picked up. We pack it in a small bag, I think it is the one it came with, along with a heap of USB cables and other electrical plugs and AA/AAA battery charger. Disguised it perhaps?

On our last RCI (Ovation) cruise in December, as we debarked, there was a table loaded with powerboards for people to collect as they left. There were also irons, kettles and even what appeared to be an elecric fan with removable blades.

I am always amazed at what some people have tried to bring on.;p

Correct.

Correct.

And, as noted in my Ovation review, the USB plugs for my android phone and Surface tablet would not fit the in USB socket but plug for an iphone did.

In this case I was able to plug my Aldi power pack into the (supplied by RCI) international plug and I was able to use the (4) USB sockets on it.

I saw this too!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk