Viking Star - cabin assignments?

villagegal

We sail on Jan 25 from Barcelona, have a guarantee cabin and the Viking website says Sold Outfit :confused:. Does anyone have any info on how this is handled? I've read other reviews that cabins were assigned at final payment day which was months ago.

We sail on Jan 25 from Barcelona, have a guarantee cabin and the Viking website says Sold Outfit :confused:. Does anyone have any info on how this is handled? I've read other reviews that cabins were assigned at final payment day which was months ago.

I would call Viking today and ask directly. What does your MVJ say when you log in?

We are sailing in June (Rome to Barcelona). We booked the holiday in October and knew the cabin at the time of booking (we were advised which cabins were available and chose the one we preferred). The cabin is shown on the invoice and also on MVJ. When we went on a river cruise we similarly knew our cabin number at the date of booking (over 13 months before the departure date).

I check MVJ all the time and it still say guarantee. We hope to know before we fly!

Last January we were in the same boat as you (excuse the pun). We had a guarantee cabin and every day I anxiously checked MVJ to see what we'd been allocated. Finally, just days before we left our cabin showed up. Big relief!!!! So keep on checking. Viking won't leave you stranded out in the hallways. 😉

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Try ringing or emailing Viking. When we had a query about our holiday I emailed them. In a matter of 5 working hours they had emailed back, then phoned me to clarify/confirm what the position was and resolved the matter. The person then followed it up the following day to check that her colleague had completed the necessary admin. I would stress that I am in the UK and it was the London office I contacted.

Try ringing or emailing Viking. When we had a query about our holiday I emailed them. In a matter of 5 working hours they had emailed back, then phoned me to clarify/confirm what the position was and resolved the matter. The person then followed it up the following day to check that her colleague had completed the necessary admin. I would stress that I am in the UK and it was the London office I contacted.

The US office tries to be as responsive put then again, they handle 80% of the guest inquiries.

OP, I can only hope that the fact that they are taking so long to finalize your cabin means that you get a very nice upgrade. But still at this point, I would want to hear from someone telling me that I haven't been lost in the shuffle and that there is a room waiting for me. Write the folks at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Be sure to include your booking number and your phone number in the e-mail. Explain your situation and ask them to give you a buzz.