Royal Caribbean - Voyager - help with some info please!

Bailia

Hi, we’re off on Voyager of the Seas from Sydney in March. First time on RCI. Hard to get a straight answer out of their call centre, so I thought I would ask here...

1. main dining room. Can you only book for 5.45 or 7.15? Or perhaps they are the only times left. At the moment we have My Time dining - does this mean you turn up at any time and wait for a table? My issue is we have 5 families travelling together (17 ppl) so I’m guessing it would be a long wait...

2. What time do the nightly shows start, as a rough guide?

3. Any theme nights on board? Call centre was very vague and suggested I pack something for a 70’s and 90’s night (what even would you take for a 90’s night?!)

4. Soda package - can you only get refills if you have your souvenir cup? So thinking you would need to go back to your cabin and get the cup before you could get a drink...seems silly to me. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Ok done 15 nights on Voyager,fantastic ship :)

We only do late fixed dinning so there is no rush for second seating, late seating is 8.15 to 8.30 MTDinners are split times but after first night you can request same tables same time, if not done after dinner you can book each morning from your cabin.

Shows we dont do them unless we want to laugh at serial clappers and serial laughers lol

If you want shows then you are best to eat early as the late shows are full of the early show goers who cant get enough of shows except the ice show where everyone is given a time and day to attend once and once only.

No real theme nights like traditional Birdy Song or YMCA deck oops Island nights :) because everything is centered around the promenade shows (Bit like Disneyland parades) followed by staff partying on the bridge walkways,still a lot of fun though.

They do have an adults only night deck party in the solerium pool area but its a bit of a fizzer for those other than the ones crammed in the hot tubs :)

I reccomend VOS.

4. Soda package - can you only get refills if you have your souvenir cup? So thinking you would need to go back to your cabin and get the cup before you could get a drink...seems silly to me. Is this correct?

No, you can get a soft drink in an ordinary glass at any bar

Promenade parties are all about the staff who throw beads glitter balls and glow sticks to their admiring crowds below! they love it:D

I think this is why the drinks packages are so popular! gets you into the spirit or two or three lol

Hi, we’re off on Voyager of the Seas from Sydney in March. First time on RCI. Hard to get a straight answer out of their call centre, so I thought I would ask here...

1. main dining room. Can you only book for 5.45 or 7.15? Or perhaps they are the only times left. At the moment we have My Time dining - does this mean you turn up at any time and wait for a table? My issue is we have 5 families travelling together (17 ppl) so I’m guessing it would be a long wait...

2. What time do the nightly shows start, as a rough guide?

3. Any theme nights on board? Call centre was very vague and suggested I pack something for a 70’s and 90’s night (what even would you take for a 90’s night?!)

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Bailia,

We were on Voyager last March, our first on RC as well.

We did My Time Dining but there was just the two of us. You may find that you don't all want to eat together every night, some may want earlier or later depending on what they have done during the day. Perhaps talk to the reservation staff what the best options would be for you all. As The_Big_M said the largest table is for 10, so yes you would need at least 2 tables but you may have to be flexible and sit at a number of tables depending on what time you want to dine.

Production Shows - depending what show was on, the times were - 6.45pm and 8,3pm, 8.30pm and 10pm and 7.30pm. There weren't necessarily two shows each evening. The ice skating shows are really worth going to. They were on during the afternoon. There were two different productions on our cruise and I attended both. There are two shows - 1.30pm and 3.30pm and attendance is based on your assembly/muster station which is on your cruise card. Arrive early as the seats go very quickly. Doors open 30 mins before the show starts. From memory it goes for about 45 mins.

Theme Nights - check your Cruise Compass (daily newsletter delivered each each evening with the next days events and information in it) and it has under the heading' Important Things To Know Today, Tonight's Dinner Dress Suggestion' - where it says what the suggested dress code is. Here it will say if there is a theme such as Tropical or Rock'n Roll (these were the only two themes on our cruise). I can't remember the Rock'n Roll one but for tropical, some male passengers wore Hawaiian shirts and the females leis and or flowers in their hair etc. Not everyone did. I had some brightly coloured beads that I wore.

Enjoy your cruise!

Leigh

Yes best call RCI if you booked direct and they can arrange tables for your group in advance, if booked with a TA they should do this for you. It is much easier if bookings are linked but that could cause a whole lot of other issues with so many people 5 families in the group.

If your group all booked separate RCI will not recognize you has a group but if all 5 families have the same dinning time then its possible they already know you are a group.

Early seating for fixed dinning can be very popular because its favored by both families and show goers.

Make sure you all join Crown & Anchor and put down your preferences for sleeping arrangements eating preference as well as any if any special needs,also mark down your upgrade preference, if you chose cabins next to or near each other and want to keep them its best to tick "no upgrades" you can always change your C&A preferences at any time,so if next cruise you would accept an upgrade and want late dinner you just change.

I could imagine seated seperate may be a "God send" towards the cruise end. lol

Edited by fishtaco

We cruised as a family group of 13. We linked our bookings on the RCI site. We also chose early traditional dining - mainly because of the young children with us.

We checked with the MDR when onboard re dinner and it had already been arranged via our booking and we had one large table set up for us, table 333 on the bottom level just at the entry.

My time dining is usually on the upper levels on Voyager.

You dont need to carry your soda cups you can get glasses of soda from every bar and dinning rooms its on your sea pass.

Thanks! That makes more sense to me! The guy at the calll centre seemed to have no idea!

No, you can get a soft drink in an ordinary glass at any bar

Thanks! :)

For theme nights, there's no requirement to bring clothing to match. Simplest is usually white night, and tropical, but as they don't list them in advance they don't require dress-ups, though of course you're welcome to.

Thanks so much :)

Yes best call RCI if you booked direct and they can arrange tables for your group in advance, if booked with a TA they should do this for you. It is much easier if bookings are linked but that could cause a whole lot of other issues with so many people 5 families in the group.

If your group all booked separate RCI will not recognize you has a group but if all 5 families have the same dinning time then its possible they already know you are a group.

Early seating for fixed dinning can be very popular because its favored by both families and show goers.

Make sure you all join Crown & Anchor and put down your preferences for sleeping arrangements eating preference as well as any if any special needs,also mark down your upgrade preference, if you chose cabins next to or near each other and want to keep them its best to tick "no upgrades" you can always change your C&A preferences at any time,so if next cruise you would accept an upgrade and want late dinner you just change.

I could imagine seated seperate may be a "God send" towards the cruise end. lol

Lol that might be right. Maybe kids on one side of the dining room and adults on the other! ;)