Bus to Cemetery Beach then walk back along the beach??

c'mon

First time at GC and there will be 4 ships in port the day we're there so I thought we'd catch a bus to Cemetery beach snorkel a bit then walk the beach back. How long of a walk to get to the public beach area? thought we could jump back on a bus from port there. Is this doable? Thought we could avoid some of the crowds this way

I'd be curious about this too. I looked it up on googlemaps and from Cemetery Beach back to the port area is about 5 1/2 miles and that's probably walking on the path near the street. It would take a couple of hours, so depending on your port times, might not leave you much "beach" time.

I was there a few weeks ago, and walked from Cemetery Beach to Public Beach... My plan was to walk all the way back, however, on a bright sunny day walking that direction there is no shade. Also, walking a few miles on the beach is much different from the same distance on a sidewalk. I am in pretty good shape, but decided to just catch the public bus back to town...

I have done this a few times. We take public bus to the beach. Snorkle for some time. We bring lots of water, soda and a beer or two to drink. We also bring a snack to eat. We start walking down the beach. It is hot and hard to walk in the sand. When we get hot we jump back into the water for a bit. I always say I will never do this again but......I will be doing it again in 2 weeks. There are no bathrooms or much shade on this beach area. We walk down to Tiki Bar. We plan about 1to 1 1/2 hours. it is not a super long walk but we stop to swim and rest. I am an over weight over age person. Taxi bar has bathrooms and drinks. Remember it cost a lot to have drinks on this island. We just walk to the front and get the city bus again. Anytime on your walk back you can get to the street and get the bus if you need to. There is shopping and drinks back at port. This is a tender port. The lines get long and hot and no bathroom in this area. Give yourself plenty of time. Enjoy your time.

I was there a few weeks ago, and walked from Cemetery Beach to Public Beach... My plan was to walk all the way back, however, on a bright sunny day walking that direction there is no shade. Also, walking a few miles on the beach is much different from the same distance on a sidewalk. I am in pretty good shape, but decided to just catch the public bus back to town...

How was the snorkeling?