Long-term "free" parking in San Diego hotels?

keroppi

So, when we cruise out of FL, we stay at certain La Quintas for one night and then you can leave your car there for free for the length of you cruise (even for two months!). Thanks to someone on cruise critic years ago for that recommendation!

Anyways, I was wondering if there's a similar thing at any of the hotels in San Diego?

Cheers,

Joyce

thanks, i just called them.

unfortunately, it isn't quite "free" and they have a maximum on days.

going rate for a room is 141 but they want 255 for the room, which includes 14 days of parking (my cruise is 28 days).

anyone know of any other hotels to try?

thanks,

joyce

You might find a place further out that has free parking. I doubt you will find anything close to the port as most charge +$40 a day just for parking even when you stay there. There is a parking lot directly across from the port that I recall was pretty reasonable.

Where are you arriving from?? Do you have to come by car?

I don't know of any hotels that will allow parking for that long but you could certainly ask around . Perhaps since you have a relationship with La Quinta you could try the La Quinta in Mission Valley to see if they would do the same deal??

Hello. It has been about 8 years since my husband and I sailed out of San Diego, so things might have changed, but when we went, we stayed at the Pacific Inn and Suites. Its not fancy at all, and a little old and outdated, but we were on a budget and we didn't mind. Even though it was older, it was clean and the surrounding area seemed nice and safe. We were able to keep our car parked in their parking lot during our cruise. If I remember correctly, they had a little pass that we stuck on our dashboard. They also had a small breakfast in their lobby. If you are looking for high end, this won't be the place for you. However, if you are more of a value/ budget friendly person, this place was perfectly fine for one night. I also remember I did not see anything on their website about park and cruise. I called the hotel directly and asked them about it. I know we paid less than $200. Also, my husband drove our car the morning of the cruise and dropped me and our luggage off right at the curb at the port, and then he drove back to the hotel to park the car. I waited about 10-15 minutes for him to walk back to the port. It wasn't a far walk for him. The hotel did not offer a shuttle, but if you don't want to walk, you could always taxi/uber to the port.

You might find a place further out that has free parking. I doubt you will find anything close to the port as most charge +$40 a day just for parking even when you stay there. There is a parking lot directly across from the port that I recall was pretty reasonable.

No longer a parking lot there...they are building a new Intercontinental Hotel there and the lot has closed. You can park in any of the airport off-site long term parking lots; most will shuttle you to the cruise ship pier as well as the airport.