How may voyage credits and days did/will it take you to reach Elite?

gottagocit

Take 10 coastals from seattle to vancouver in a suite and you will get 20 voyages.

That's how so many people are becoming elite.Elite status should only be based on days traveled.

Think most elites would now agree with the above statement.

long cruiser

No matter what a cruise line does in their loyalty program, there are people who feel it is unfair. There are usually ways for people to "game" the system. If the cruise line counts number of cruises only, those who (like me) book primarily long cruises will look down on those who make status with 3 and 4 nighters. If they count days, those who do only short cruises cry "foul." If extra credit is given for suites or cruising solo, people who don't do those things feel it is wrong.

I think Princess has a nice system which reasonably reflects the amount someone has spent on their cruises. Double credit for suites or cruising solo reflects dollars spent. The concept of number of cruises OR nights cruised compensates those who do long cruises. Yes, there are some people who intentionally do short cruises to gain status, but those people will always be with us.

No matter what a cruise line does in their loyalty program' date=' there are people who feel it is unfair. There are usually ways for people to "game" the system. If the cruise line counts number of cruises only, those who (like me) book primarily long cruises will look down on those who make status with 3 and 4 nighters. If they count days, those who do only short cruises cry "foul." If extra credit is given for suites or cruising solo, people who don't do those things feel it is wrong.

I think Princess has a nice system which reasonably reflects the amount someone has spent on their cruises. Double credit for suites or cruising solo reflects dollars spent. The concept of number of cruises OR nights cruised compensates those who do long cruises. Yes, there are some people who intentionally do short cruises to gain status, but those people will always be with us.[/quote']

That’s true.

And while I know that I complain that the OBC should be days and cruises, in the end it is Princess decision how, indeed if, to reward loyalty.

I guess my gripe, if that’s the right term, is that there are no one day cruises here in Australia, very few two day cruises to have the opportunity to fast track status.. if I were on 149 days, I’d probably have to do 6 days+ to make Elite prior to a longer cruise.

Well...... we reached Ruby after 3 cruises (22 days). We have 2 more cruises booked, that will make us Platinum on our next cruise (cruise #6). We'll be 3 days short of the minimum for that one.

To make Elite after that, we'd have to do 4 more cruises or 103 more days. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Got there in 10 cruises/96 days, thanks to double-credit for solos. I'm very grateful for that perk as payback for paying double. While I'm happy to be Elite and certainly was excited for the little benefits my first time out a few weeks ago, it never was and still isn't a holy grail to me. Captains Circle levels should literally be about the journey, not about the destination.

Currently we're at 92 days after 5 cruises.

All going well we should reach Elite by the end of next year after 8 cruises. We also have another couple of cruises booked on other cruise lines or we'd get there a bit sooner. No biggie though.

Interesting to go back and read posts. I'm thinking most are happy to reach Elite, plus not overly worried how others get there.

I've been on 29 cruises, almost half with Princess. When I was first cruising (1982), looking for price not cruise line. I've sailed with Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, NCL, did reach Diamond with Royal Caribbean. Now it is all about itinerary so I will probably stick with Princess but always check RCI.

I guess we are lucky in Australia because it seems we get much more generous leave entitlements than Americans, but unlucky because we get very few cruises offered under a week.

Just curious but what does your typical annual leave entitlement look like? 2 weeks a year seems pretty common in the US but a lot of places can give up to 5 weeks or more depending on how long you have been there.

We have 8 cruises and 59 days, have a 15 day booked coming up, but typically only go on 7 day cruises. I think we will make it on credits vs days.

IMO, if you take a 1-6 day cruise you shouldn’t get a “cruise credit” but just the days, everything 7 and over should get you a credit and days. I think that’s the most fair way to do it.

Just curious but what does your typical annual leave entitlement look like? 2 weeks a year seems pretty common in the US but a lot of places can give up to 5 weeks or more depending on how long you have been there.

We have 8 cruises and 59 days, have a 15 day booked coming up, but typically only go on 7 day cruises. I think we will make it on credits vs days.

IMO, if you take a 1-6 day cruise you shouldn’t get a “cruise credit” but just the days, everything 7 and over should get you a credit and days. I think that’s the most fair way to do it.

Why is it fair not to give a credit for someone on a 1-6 day cruise? They are still cruising and have paid money to Princess to do so.

We just reached Elite a week ago with 12 cruises and 135 days. (we were in WS for 3 cruises so received double credit and now have 15 credits).

We made elite in 14 cruises & 46 nights thanks to our one night getaways! Didn't originally have that plan, but when the opportunity to reach elite before a longer (21 night B2B) became possible we took advantage.

Currently at 27 credits for 25 cruises & 75 days - and a few more booked. We still do the one-nighters when they fit our schedule - fun night out & now we are moving up the line in loyalty OBC. Princess gives each of us the loyalty OBC apparently because DH & I use different last names. We were not expecting this since we read on CC it was one per married couple.

Used our Princess Elite status with MSC's status match deal to get Black Card level on our cruise in March. :cool:

We're just following their rules. Sometimes they work in your favour & sometimes not....

7 cruises 111 days so far. Don’t have to worry though partner is Elite so get the laundry which is great.
The laundry benefit is per passenger not per cabin.

I worked my way up to getting five weeks of annual leave for my last six years of my career (in the U.S.). Of course I never got to take all of them. Fortunately the unused hours rolled over to my sick leave and helped me retire early. I started off my career getting 11.75 days of annual leave.

The greatest number of cruises we took in a year while I was working was four, but that included a 3-day and a 4-day taken back to back. Those two cruises were after we became Elite, so we enjoyed a minibar setup on each leg.

We achieved elite after 10 cruises and I’m not sure how many days. As someone who travels in suites all of the time, being elite isn’t all that important. The only extra benefit we get is the discount in the gift shop, and unfortunately there is rarely anything of value we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My late DH & I made elite w/15 cruises & 150 days. All were 7, 10, 12 & 14 day trips; about half were on Sitmar. Thus, we were Platinum when we first sailed Princess. (We had sailed several other lines too.) There were no "credits" or points then.

Since DH passed, I've continued to cruise mostly w/Princess. The elite perks are most welcome since I'm always paying double.