1115am international flight. Enough time after disembarking?

Love 2 Travel

I would like to book a flight out of Sydney to LAX at 11:15am on the morning we disembark from the Ovation of the Seas. Will I have enough time to make the flight if we disembark by 7am? We have thought about taking the train from Circular Quay or should we arrange for transport to meet us at the Cruise terminal? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rail will have you at the Airport within 30 minutes and is a far better option than peak hour road traffic in Sydney. Just a word of caution I believe the requirements at the airport is 3 hours prior to flight,also remember you may not get of the ship at 7am which I take is the docking time. Could be rather nasty if the ship is held up docking, or a hold up in Customs. To Tight for my liking,but doable.

I would like to book a flight out of Sydney to LAX at 11:15am on the morning we disembark from the Ovation of the Seas. Will I have enough time to make the flight if we disembark by 7am? We have thought about taking the train from Circular Quay or should we arrange for transport to meet us at the Cruise terminal? Thanks for your help.

Ovation normally docks at the Sydney OPT at 6:30am. Getting off by 7:00am might be a bit optimistic even if you have priority disembarkation.

If you have a lot of luggage, the train from Circular Quay station will not be suitable. If you have to catch a taxi, you will be in the middle of peak hour traffic on a weekday. Even weekends are not much better.

If it were me, I would be happier assuming I will be able to get to the airport by 9am at the earliest. Given that you should be there 3 hours before an international flight, that would make the earliest flight around 12 noon.

Assuming that the ship arrives on time, that you are the first to disembark and that you can get the train to the airport, then 11:15 is certainly doable. Otherwise you are pushing it.

A bit tight for my tastes.

If you need to book in three hours before your flight that brings you forward to 8:15, half hour, roughly by train to the airport. Plus the, albeit, short walk to the station and buy a ticket.

Disembark, collect bags, customs (if required).

You may well be fine, but little if any, wriggle room.

Thanks for the info. We are traveling to the east coast of USA so it is hard to find flights leave later that will

Allow us to get home on the same day. Guess we will have to give them so more thought. I really don’t want to end our wonderful vacation by being stressed out about making a flight. We do always get trip insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Love 2 Travel

Thanks for the info. We are traveling to the east coast of USA so it is hard to find flights leave later that will

Allow us to get home on the same day. Guess we will have to give them so more thought. I really don’t want to end our wonderful vacation by being stressed out about making a flight. We do always get trip insurance.

I suggest 1 day post Cruise, and you can take the fist flight to LAX

Stay overnight in Sydney then you will be fresh and relaxed for the flight home. If you choose a hotel in the city you can drop off your luggage even if your room isn't ready, then have a leisurely day in Sydney.

Stay overnight in Sydney then you will be fresh and relaxed for the flight home. If you choose a hotel in the city you can drop off your luggage even if your room isn't ready, then have a leisurely day in Sydney.

Second that!

Always a great option in my opinion.

Easy. Just make sure you line up early, like an hour. The line moves pretty quickly once it gets going, it is those people trying to move a dozen bags and don't have their seapass card out who hold things up. Make sure you have nothing to declare and you'll be off the ship and out of the terminal in 10 minutes. Walk to the train station. Done

I got off the Ovation at 7am (I spent 40 minutes waiting in front of Vintages - the look on peoples faces who came after me, the line quickly stretched to Two70) I took an hour long train ride to my parents place in southwest sydney (liverpool.) Before 9am I was laying on my parents lounge chilling.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding possibly being able to make the 11:15am flight. I found a Qantas flight that leaves at 245pm. We wanted to fly AA for the frequent flyer miles but think I’d rather not stress and take the later flight to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding possibly being able to make the 11:15am flight. I found a Qantas flight that leaves at 245pm. We wanted to fly AA for the frequent flyer miles but think I’d rather not stress and take the later flight to be on the safe side.

Personally I think avoiding stress is a great idea.

Yes, you can earn AAdvantage points on QF flights. Ensure you register your card when making your booking and show it again at check-in

Thanks for the tip! That is great news for sure. You guys have been great. We are really looking forward to this trip.

We know you've already changed your flight...

Agree with "snoozer of the seas", it was also an easy disembarkation for us.

We only had one luggage each and small backpacks. We chose the "self-assist" disembarkation. We did not place our luggages outside our cabin the night before and walked out them when the ship cleared the next morning. We were off the ship by 7:00am. It took us about 10 minutes of slow walking through the gangway and through the terminal. We had nothing to declare, handed our customs form, and we were out the Overseas Passenger Terminal. It is perhaps one of the best organized cruise terminals we have visited.

It was another 10 minute walk to the Circular Quay train station. We had our Opal Cards ready, "tap-on" through the gate, and up the elevator. It was only a few minutes before the train for the airport showed up. We were at the airport before 8:00am. We had the 11:15 flight to LAX and the AA counter wasn't even open yet. Yes, we got there early. The AA counter opened up about 8:05am, we checked our luggages in and got our boarding passes. The bad news: My wife had plenty of time to shop some more...ugh.

As mentioned, AA and QANTAS are both One world airlines. They normally code share and you can still earn your points and get club use, well worth changing to the later flight and avoiding the stress.