GoPro Hero 3+ Questions

Due to its tiny size there is not much of anything you can do to make it more stable when you are moving because it is going to mimic your motion. If you are moving it is going to move. Big cameras do the same but because they are heavier it is easier to hold them still. It's not just an issue with your GoPro, it happens with all small cameras and phones.

Have you checked YouTube for video on shooting or editing.?

You need a steadycam type device, called a handheld gimbal. You'll find a variety on amazon. They've become quite popular with mobile journalists so there are budget options out there. They're designed to keep the camera steady as you walk around holding it. They're also available for smartphones but do check for specific reviews as there's usually trade offs.

Due to its tiny size there is not much of anything you can do to make it more stable when you are moving because it is going to mimic your motion. If you are moving it is going to move. Big cameras do the same but because they are heavier it is easier to hold them still. It's not just an issue with your GoPro, it happens with all small cameras and phones.

Have you checked YouTube for video on shooting or editing.?

I've checked and watched some on YouTube, but I did not know if any of the GoPro experts had any suggested videos.

You need a steadycam type device, called a handheld gimbal. You'll find a variety on amazon. They've become quite popular with mobile journalists so there are budget options out there. They're designed to keep the camera steady as you walk around holding it. They're also available for smartphones but do check for specific reviews as there's usually trade offs.

Thanks for this information. I'll have to look around and see what I can find. I've very limited on budget for this cruise so, I'll put this on my wish list to have before my next adventure. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S10KFTC/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A5KBC6M1KUIC8

It has gotten good reviews and is what I feel is reasonably priced. I'll play with it when it gets here. As for editing, I was never really happy with their proprietary editing program and until recently my other programs would not recognize GoPro videos. I ended up selling my Hero3+ and going with a more user friendly camera.