360 Degree Cameras?

awestover89

Our cruise to Singapore and Southeast Asia is just over a month away and I've been eyeing the 360 degree "VR" cameras. I know they are a little gimmicky, and we will be taking most of our photos with our Nikon DSLR, but I really like the idea of being able to capture some nice panoramic shots, especially around Singapore.

We have a Samsung Galaxy S8, so I've been looking at the Samsung Gear 360 from Amazon http://amzn.to/2Cuonib Looks like most of the negative reviews are from iPhone users, and the iOS app doesn't play super nicely.

Has anybody ever used the Gear 360 or a similar panoramic/360 degree camera? Are they fairly intuitive to use?

I have the Gear 360. I got it free when I purchased my Note 8. Recently took it to Disney World and it worked great. The app connected right to the camera so you can see live what it is capturing. Haven't gotten a chance to go back and look at the files or actually try them with my VR headset. It has been busy since returning.

There are pluses and minuses to all of the 360 cameras either in price or features. The price on the Samsung Gear 360 isn't too bad and the stitching it does isn't all that bad either. For an entry level piece of equipment it was worth the price I paid.

I have a Giroptix - works great with my iPad/iPhone, very responsive and does a nice job with images. Only complaint is battery life is fairly bleh if the wifi is on. If I just have it in capture mode and use the on camera buttons it lasts quite a while.

This reminds me I need to pull the rest of my Germany photos off it, only been 3 months...

I have a Giroptix - works great with my iPad/iPhone, very responsive and does a nice job with images. Only complaint is battery life is fairly bleh if the wifi is on. If I just have it in capture mode and use the on camera buttons it lasts quite a while.

This reminds me I need to pull the rest of my Germany photos off it, only been 3 months...

I have one of these I use on my Samsung S8. A lot of fun, I enjoy the pictures it creates.

Thanks for the battery tip. :)