Upsell Opportunity

FLgemini

I'm spoiled. Last time we were on Seabourn for a seven-night Baltic voyage, we took advantage of an upsell from a Verandah Suite (VS) to a Penthouse Suite (PS). It came to us through an email directly from Seabourn just a few weeks before departure I believe. The paid upgrade on top of the original VS purchase was still less than if we booked the PS from the start. Of course we ended up loving the extra space!

Fast forward to today and we're scheduled to go to Antarctica in a little over 30 days. Again, we've booked a VS. The VSs are fully sold out, but I'm noticing eight unsold PS. The price on those have remained unchanged before and after final payment. Doesn't look like Seabourn is doing anything to incentivize purchase, even here in the last stretch. Maybe those will end up being assigned as guarantees? Of course if I REALLY wanted a PS I could pay the difference for the two of us, but that's an additional $23K bridge too far. If it was half that? Mmmmmmaybe. I could be swayed, especially knowing we'll be settling in for three-week voyage.

Any chance Seabourn will sweeten the deal to move those last PSs? I bought directly through Seabourn both times. I know I'm blessed to even have the opportunity to go and we'll be more than comfortable in the VS. Curious to know if anyone has had any luck with upgrade opportunities with Antarctica.

Understand this is apples and oranges compared to the situation with the Baltic cruise, so lightning striking twice may be unrealistic and Seabourn probably isn't keen to devalue the PS even if it means going out unsold.

#firstworldproblems

I'm spoiled. Last time we were on Seabourn for a seven-night Baltic voyage, we took advantage of an upsell from a Verandah Suite (VS) to a Penthouse Suite (PS). It came to us through an email directly from Seabourn just a few weeks before departure I believe. The paid upgrade on top of the original VS purchase was still less than if we booked the PS from the start. Of course we ended up loving the extra space!

Fast forward to today and we're scheduled to go to Antarctica in a little over 30 days. Again, we've booked a VS. The VSs are fully sold out, but I'm noticing eight unsold PS. The price on those have remained unchanged before and after final payment. Doesn't look like Seabourn is doing anything to incentivize purchase, even here in the last stretch. Maybe those will end up being assigned as guarantees? Of course if I REALLY wanted a PS I could pay the difference for the two of us, but that's an additional $23K bridge too far. If it was half that? Mmmmmmaybe. I could be swayed, especially knowing we'll be settling in for three-week voyage.

Any chance Seabourn will sweeten the deal to move those last PSs? I bought directly through Seabourn both times. I know I'm blessed to even have the opportunity to go and we'll be more than comfortable in the VS. Curious to know if anyone has had any luck with upgrade opportunities with Antarctica.

Understand this is apples and oranges compared to the situation with the Baltic cruise, so lightning striking twice may be unrealistic and Seabourn probably isn't keen to devalue the PS even if it means going out unsold.

#firstworldproblems

Hi most demand on the Antarctic Cruises is for the lower level cabins due to the potentially rougher conditions

Where do you look to see the unsold cabins?

Look forward to catching up we are on the same cruise and are awaiting our guarantee assignment

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any chance Seabourn will sweeten the deal to move those last PSs?

A few days ago, I noticed that our Antarctica cruise (which is departing in 12 days), was selling the penthouse suites for the same price as veranda suites.

For the current 12/20/17 Quest 24-day cruise I received upsell notices via email from my TA on 12/4, 12/11 and 12/19 (!). The last two upsell offers had the same pricing which was less than the first upsell. The second and third upsell offers were for $4999 pp (USD) for a category PH penthouse suite. The first offer was for $5999 pp (USD). We did not take the upsell. Have your TA reach out to Seabourn and ask or call Seabourn at 866-306-8792 and ask.

• 2 weeks later...

BINGO!! Upsell to Penthouse Suite came over today by email and we grabbed it. It was half the price of the regular difference between our original V3 and the PH. So, we're going up to Deck 10 and that opens 615 for someone else on Feb. 3 voyage to Antarctica. We don't mind being higher with possible motion, we've gained more space for a three-week voyage.