Seabourn vs. Crystal

SLSD

Have any of you taken cruises on both SB and Crystal recently? I'm sitting here talking with a friend who usually cruises Silversea (but has also cruised SB several times) and she is singing the praises of Crystal. She took a Crystal cruise in China and thought the whole experience onboard the ship was wonderful. She was in a penthouse--which she says is only slightly larger than a regular Silversea or SB room.

I would love to hear a comparison from some of you. Things to consider: staterooms, food, service, entertainment (both stage and lounge/bar), excursions, overall ambience, dress code experience, etc. And, if you could sail either Seabourn or Crystal (and of course you can) which would you choose?

Edited by SLSD

SLSD - Here is a link to a review I posted in February on the Crystal boards comparing Crystal and Seabourn. My husband and I had taken our first Seabourn cruise last January to Antarctica, after sailing with Crystal on five different itineraries, and we were curious how the two would compare. I can safely say that both cruise lines are fabulous, with each having their own pluses and minuses.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2460092

I hope this helps! I have photos and stories from the ships and various ports on my blog, which may help with your decision. Best of luck and happy travels!

Mary

Travel Blog: http://www.themodernpostcard.com