Quick disembarking

Vacationdreamer<><

Pardon me if I get terms incorrect.

One problem with being an infrequent cruise not loyal to any one line is I get things mixed up.

If we want off the ship ASAP in the A.M (Crown Princess) is that called Express Walk-off? Do we take our luggage to early breakfast and then go somewhere specific? (Theater?)

Thank you.

Yes, they refer the self-assist disembarkation as the Express Walk-off group. You carry off your own luggage and meet at designated time and location listed on Disembarkation sheet form.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with Easyboy = just go to passenger services and talk to them, they will guide you.... If you choose to walk off in that first groups you MUST be able to carry your own luggage, we do it all the time in SF - we are off first and fast,

You will receive a form about the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise (seems to get earlier each cruise!) to sign up for Walk-off Disembarkation.

You leave your suitcases in your cabin if you're having a very early breakfast. Then go back to your cabin and get your bags and go to your appointed meeting location. They won't make announcements over the loud speaker. You have to be in the right place to know when it's your turn to leave. Or, you can take your bags with you to the dining room for an early breakfast but you might have trouble finding space to store them. Cabins have to be vacated by 8:00am generally speaking. Walk-off is usually way before then.

Early walk off usually starts around 7pm and sometimes as early as 6:30. So if you want breakfast you will have to get up early, grab something at the buffet or International Cafe and then go back to your cabin to get your luggage. You can leave the luggage in your cabin because you do not have to exit your cabin until 8am. What we have done is bring something back to the cabin from the buffet the evening before and skip going to an organized breakfast.

Pardon me if I get terms incorrect.

One problem with being an infrequent cruise not loyal to any one line is I get things mixed up.

If we want off the ship ASAP in the A.M (Crown Princess) is that called Express Walk-off? Do we take our luggage to early breakfast and then go somewhere specific? (Theater?)

Thank you.

You are correct.

Make your breakfast early enough, and you can leave your luggage in

your stateroom ;^)

Last trip on the Ruby, we collected our luggage after breakfast and on our way to the assembly lounge about 15 minutes before the "be there" time, a passing purser staff saw our luggage and said "We've cleared customs, you can head for the gangway now"

Make your breakfast early enough, and you can leave your luggage in

your stateroom ;^)

Last trip on the Ruby, we collected our luggage after breakfast and on our way to the assembly lounge about 15 minutes before the "be there" time, a passing purser staff saw our luggage and said "We've cleared customs, you can head for the gangway now"

That's what often happens to us - by the time we get back to the cabin to grab our bags and get to the meeting point at the assigned time, people are already walking off and we just get at the end of the line and go.

• 2 weeks later...