Beverage Package Rules

coneill2121

Make sure you understand when the 24-hour period is. On our last cruise, one of our tablemates thought it reset at 6 a.m. as on a previous cruise but it actually reset at midnight. He had a couple of after-midnight drinks the night before that he thought were counting on the previous day's limit. The next day he found out that he was getting near the limit sooner than he thought he would.

Remember the beverage package is there to made money for Princess, one the things they say is that "with it you know what you are going to spend"

I just buy as we go, partly due to I like of order wine by the bottle ( not included in the package or is room service )

All most time for a G&T

Cheers Don

Excerpted from the online description of the PBP (emphasis mine)

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices. Non-alcoholic drinks do not have this limitation, nor do they count towards this maximum.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged at full menu price.
  • Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
  • Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 21, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.
  • Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time, with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

So to recap in non-legalese:

The per-day limit turns over at 6AM;

There is no per day limit on non-alcoholic beverages;

Even if you pre-paid for the AIBP before it morphed into the PBP, you will have the 15 drink limit on alcohol (in case this is what the OP was actually asking)

Oh and my observation on enforcement, from Royal Princess in November: if aware that you have the PBP your server will not bother to swipe your card when ordering a non-alcoholic beverage (only execption I saw was when getting a Premium Tea at the IC). But they were very very fastidious in keeping tabs each time they brought out the next adult libation.

When they swipe your card or simply enter your number your cabin number comes up on the screen and also the number of alcoholic drinks you have had during the 24 hour period. We saw it on the screens in Wheelhouse. I asked a few times how many I had consumed and each time they looked at the screen and told me. Their count was accurate. Trust me. 15 drinks is plenty.

We have thought about buying this package in the past, but due to the port intensity of our last voyages, it didn't make sense to do this if it were all based on alcohol consumed. I would really have to investigate what other beverages might be consumed that would make this at least a break-even proposition.

When they swipe your card or simply enter your number your cabin number comes up on the screen and also the number of alcoholic drinks you have had during the 24 hour period. We saw it on the screens in Wheelhouse. I asked a few times how many I had consumed and each time they looked at the screen and told me. Their count was accurate. Trust me. 15 drinks is plenty.

I am in total agreement with you on this:). My biggest, and probably only real issues with the new package are the price increase, the deletion of the large bottles of water, and 25% off any bottle of wine (old policy was 40% off bottles up to $100.00). With this being said, I'll probably continue to purchase it as long as my voyage isn't too port intensive. There is a bit of sticker shock for longer cruises. For our 21 day Sky T/A (November 2019) the price is $1448.79:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

... I would really have to investigate what other beverages might be consumed that would make this at least a break-even proposition.

Specialty coffees, mocktails, sodas, premium teas, milkshakes (not sure), small bottles of water. Probably more but that's all I can think of for now.

Another advantage I've found is the ability to try mixed drinks new to you. If you don't like it, don't drink it and try something else. I really had some fun on one cruise working my way through the martini list. Not at one sitting or even over a single day though. :eek:

Another advantage I've found is the ability to try mixed drinks new to you. If you don't like it, don't drink it and try something else. I really had some fun on one cruise working my way through the martini list. Not at one sitting or even over a single day though. :eek:

Agreed. I also appreciated it when I could replace my warm, watered-down drink with a fresh one without worrying about extra cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums