Baltic

Kruser Kid

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Best means different things to different people so I would clarify what you mean.

You may also wish to pst this on the Northern Europe Ports Of Call Board. at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=192

You may just wish to ask what ports someone enjoyed the most and what was it that they enjoyed the most?

Keith

It depends where you want to start from... there are 3 lines sailing from Newcastle to the Baltics this summer; C&M, Marella and Fred Olsen- Newcastle port is closer to the Norwegian/Danish coast than much of the UK. There's lots of choice from other UK ports, and then there's Copenhagen, Amsterdam etc...

If we knew where your home area is, and the type of ship you prefer, we might have some better answers... :)

All the Newcastle cruises are with older, small ships, for instance...

Do you want to do the west side of Norway or the east side of Sweden? A trip to SPB is the popular destination in the Baltics.I suggest a cruise that allows 2 days in SPB. as one day is not enough. MSC has some good runs into the Baltics. Your TA is your best bet if you are not sure where you want to go.

And yet when we took a Baltic cruise, Oslo was one of the ports. And it was one of our favorites.

No one should call a cruise on the west coast of Norway for a Baltic cruise and that was what we where talking about.

Technicaly a stop in the Bahamas isn't a stop in the Caribbean, but still a lot of Caribbean cruises stop in the Bahamas. The same goes for every "Baltic cruise" that stop in Copenhagen, the west coast of Sweden (Helsingborg, Göteborg etc) or Oslo. They are not in the Baltic sea during that time even if most of the cruise is in the Baltic sea.

I took a Baltic cruise that began in Southampton and ended in Copenhagen. It stopped in ports like Stockholm, Helsinki, SPB, & Talinn. It was a Baltic Cruise.

I think you are Nit Picking --> Looking for small or unimportant errors or faults.

I took a Baltic cruise that began in Southampton and ended in Copenhagen. It stopped in ports like Stockholm, Helsinki, SPB, & Talinn. It was a Baltic Cruise.

I think you are Nit Picking --> Looking for small or unimportant errors or faults.

I do not. No part of Norway is in the Baltic sea and a cruise to the west coast of Norway is an cruise to the Norweigan fjords not a Baltic cruise.

I do not. No part of Norway is in the Baltic sea and a cruise to the west coast of Norway is an cruise to the Norweigan fjords not a Baltic cruise.

I sure can't disagree with that. Take care.