Coming back to my original favorite line

Gabanna31

Very excited, nervous, pensive, you name it! For cruising on the Crown at the end of this month. My first cruise with The Caribbean princess was simply magical. And then we expanded our experiences to Carnival, NCL, and RCCL. We stopped cruising for the past 6 years as we made a more permanent move to the USVIs. Hurricanes Maria and Irma have turned our island on it’s side for the time being and my husband and I said - let’s book an extravagant cruise on silver sea or regent ....BUT wait!! What about my magical first cruise ever:cool: please let’s consider princess. And now we are 13 days away. I’ve scoured the boards asking questions, learning the layout and the precipice is really this ::: will we have the best time ever🦄🦄🦄. I’ve halted my eyes to read only positive vibes and wild fun adventures with new friends The only real letdown was that we booked too late for a suite 😔

Looking forward to meeting pax and crew- Dr sarah & sean 💯☀️

Very excited, nervous, pensive, you name it! For cruising on the Crown at the end of this month. My first cruise with The Caribbean princess was simply magical. And then we expanded our experiences to Carnival, NCL, and RCCL. We stopped cruising for the past 6 years as we made a more permanent move to the USVIs. Hurricanes Maria and Irma have turned our island on it’s side for the time being and my husband and I said - let’s book an extravagant cruise on silver sea or regent ....BUT wait!! What about my magical first cruise ever:cool: please let’s consider princess. And now we are 13 days away. I’ve scoured the boards asking questions, learning the layout and the precipice is really this ::: will we have the best time ever🦄🦄🦄. I’ve halted my eyes to read only positive vibes and wild fun adventures with new friends The only real letdown was that we booked too late for a suite 😔

Looking forward to meeting pax and crew- Dr sarah & sean 💯☀️

You will NOT be disappointed. We disembarked the Crown less than a week ago. We loved it. This was our fifth Princess cruise. We have been cruising Celebrity lately which before this last Princess cruise was our #1 choice. Princess is now #1, Celebrity #2. For point of reference, we cruised on Celebrity four times last year. Before the Crown cruise our most recent Princess cruise was on the Regal, December 2016 which was also fabulous. Have a fabulous cruise!

Disembarked from the Crown on 1/8; had a wonderful cruise; 4th time on this ship. Yes, a little expected wear and tear but she's due for dry dock in April so it makes sense. There was nothing offensive and the crew worked hard to keep her nice and clean. DH said he saw them sanding and resealing the wood on the promenade one day, so there are areas that they work on all the time.

As you know, this (as far as ship activities) won't be the active cruise you may have experienced on other lines but it sounds to me that you two need a more laid-back trip so you can recharge. I think this is just the thing the doctor ordered (pun intended!).

I would suggest as your main splurge on board, to try to get the Chefs Table. You MUST phone the Dine Line at exactly noon to sign up. On our 8-day cruise, there were only 2 tables done and 20 people unable to participate. DO post on your Roll Call to see if any other interest in this event as having a "group traveling together" may (or may not) aid your getting to do this. We did it with 4 others from our RC and it was the highlight of the onboard experience. You can also show up at Da Vinci dining room at exactly noon and ask for assistance in signing up; you'll be told to phone the Dine Line but if you are able to say you two are so glad to finally be aboard after dealing with hurricanes Irma and Maria when living in the Caribbean...maybe the story will carry some weight and help you get the table.

This cruise will be a different experience from your first Princess cruise but that's not a bad thing! You'll go different places, meet different people, do different things, maybe even have a different cabin type than before. There are different specialty dining venues on the two ships, different staff, different activities. But the thing that remains the same is the sense you'll have that you've "come home" to Princess. The two ships have similar layouts so you'll find your way around quickly, so that familiarity will be nice. (Didn't mean to sound like an advertisement for Princess but wanting to help you with balancing expectations).

Enjoy your cruise and come back to let us know how it went!!

Thanks for spreading the positivity! I will follow the tip for chefs table, that sounds really lovely.

And really now- all these postitive predictive responses remind me that one cannot place a heavy weight on negative reviews.

The crown holds 3k passengers and there’s just a little over 1600 reviews 😏.

The most memorable part about the Princess product was how it had a laid back yet luxury vibe. I enjoyed the other trips we took on NCL and carnival, even RCCL although I was not a fan of the mega ship. Simply too many people.